Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on Gamma?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
965 Views, 12 Replies

Help on Gamma?

Please help me. I'm not even sure if it's in gamma setting that causes the problem. but my rendered image Looks Better than when i click on Save and choose Jpeg or PNG.

Here is the rendered frame window

Capture.JPG

While here is the Saved Image (Jpeg) or PNG, same look

SAVED FROM RENDER.jpg

Please help me, i'd really appreciate your help. thanks in advance

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
PROH
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. Looking at those two images on my iPad. What's the difference? (Can't see it..)

Could this be caused by the program you're using to view the saved images?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 13
kgokhangurbuz

Hello;

This is most probably because of V-Ray Frame buffer shows images in 32-Bit, and if the file types you are saving as are not capable of 32 bits or you are not saving as 32 bits, you can see some differences.

Can you please try to save as TIFF, 32 bit and open the file in a 32 bit viewing capable image viewer (mostly Adobe Photoshop or Chaos Group PD-Player are suggested).

Please let me know if you still see a difference.

Best regards;

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: PROH

My Program is Adobe Photoshop (64 Bit). Windows (64Bit). But when I save as TIFF and open it in Photoshop, it says 32B

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: kgokhangurbuz

My Program is Adobe Photoshop (64 Bit). Windows (64Bit). But when I save as TIFF and open it in Photoshop, it says 32B
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Here are two images, still looks similar more to the Left than the rendered frame window (right). i even tried with LUT pressed below the rendered frame window to see if there's a difference or not. byt the way, my gamma in preferences in 3ds max is set to default 2.2. Should i change it?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

This is with LUT pressed at the bottom of the Frame Window then Saved as TIFF - middle pic.JPG

The pic above is with LUT pressed on the rendered frame window and saved as TIFF then opened in Photoshop (middle)

This is with LUT unpressed at the bottom of the Frame Window then Saved as TIFF - middle pic.JPG

The pic above is with LUT unpressed on the rendered frame window and saved as TIFF then opened in Photoshop (middle)

Message 8 of 13
kgokhangurbuz

Hi;

What i mention as 32 bits are color depths, not softwares running bits,
please do not confuse these two terms.

To understand color depths, please do a web search.

After saving the file as TIFF - 32 bits, do you see any differences between
your frame buffer and your saved image?

Best regards;
Message 9 of 13
kgokhangurbuz

Hello again;

I dont see a gamma difference between your images in frame buffer and your saved image, so the gamma is not the problem here.

The images you post are scaled to fit forum screens so i cant make a fair comment, can you please .zip and share the TIFF file, vrimg (raw vray image file) and your jpg files?

Just upload to a site and paste the link here for me, so i can have a better look on your problem.

Best regards;

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Message 11 of 13
kgokhangurbuz

Hi;

I Inspected your outputs;

-First of all, if you want a LUT effect, you should define a LUT file, but i dont see any difference between your LUT on and LUT off images, so i assume that there's no LUT file being read.

-Your all images look same, there are no differences, maybe you just feel like there is / are difference(s) because you are viewing them on different colored backgrounds (for eg Photoshop is dark, windows viewer is light coloerd).

Best regards;

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

thanks. i guess it was just my illusion. by the way, can you also look into my isoline display? on how to make the lines more crisp or not choppy? thanks again
Message 13 of 13
kgokhangurbuz

Hi;

Sure i can, but with Isoline Display, are we talking about the objects in viewports?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report