Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost helpers in every opened scene max2016

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Nizbko
1590 Views, 5 Replies

Ghost helpers in every opened scene max2016

Hi, 

I've tried to find a solution everywhere. No results.

Few days ago I spotted two frozen and hidden helpers in max scene. Couldn't delete them at all! Unfreeze or unhide didn't help. Finally I changed the names of these objects. I deleted them. But even then they just appearing again after a while! Unfortunately that's not the end. Now the same helpers with the same weird names are appearing in every opened scene. The worst thing is that they showing up in every new scene as well. Even when I'm opening max they are already there! They not visible on any renders and probably they're not increasing files sizes but still... It's so annoying. Please help 😞 

ghost_helpers.jpg

ghost_helpers_again.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Nizbko

Hello @Nizbko

Thanks for bringing this issue to the forums!

This could be an ALC Maxscript issue, would you follow the instructions below in your Max Listener?

This one-step test detects if the ALC MAXScript is present within your 3ds Max Installation:

1. In 3ds Max, go to the Command Panel > Utilities > MAXScript button.
  2. Click on Open Listener.
  3. Highlight the following line of code and copy and paste it into the Listener window:

(globalVars.isGlobal #AutodeskLicSerStuckCleanBeta)

4. Press Enter.
  5. The sequence should return the line: false. If the sequence returns: true, then the corrupted MAXScript is present on your system and needs to be removed.

If true, please send me a private message by mouse hovering over my icon. If false, we can continue troubleshooting.

Talk to you soon,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 6
Nizbko
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Unfortunately, it shows true.  Smiley Sad

I sent you a private message.

Message 4 of 6
hagen.deloss

@Nizbko

Thanks for the prompt reply, I sent you instructions for next steps in a private message back. 

Let me know if you need anything else 😄

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss

Message 5 of 6
hagen.deloss

@Nizbko

Sounds like the scripts I sent you helped to clean your scenes! I would like to mention that 3DS Max 2019 update 2 includes a built in tool to help protect against the ALC/CRP issue. 

Development is working on an Autodesk App Store plugin bundle that will protect folks using previous versions of Max from the ALC/CRP issue. 

Here is some further information regarding the ALC/CRP issue. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need further help with this issue 😄

Hagen Deloss

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hagen.deloss

i have the same problem, the sequence returns: true

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report