Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluid simulation missing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
antoni.ryniak
225 Views, 2 Replies

Fluid simulation missing

Hi, fluid simulation panel is missing from my 3ds Max. I have no idea what's going on. I've contacted Autodesk help, but they couldn't help. I reinstalled 3ds Max from the link they provided, the only thing is that now in every scene I create or open, there are two weird helper objects appearing. I can't delete them, until i change their names. It's very frustrating.

Zrzut ekranu 2022-08-16 135638.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BenBisares
in reply to: antoni.ryniak

Those weird helpers are a symptom of the ALC malicious script. Looks like you may have got it from a Max scene that had it. You will need to install the 3ds Max Security tools which should sort it out.

Potentially the ALC script also caused the Fluid plug-ins to fail but I don't think I ever saw that happening. I've seen something similar to this in the past where an anti-virus or system "optimiser" erroneously marks the plug-in libraries as something bad / thinks the plug-in is slowing down the system and blocks it. In that case disabling anti-virus/optimizer, redownloading the 3ds Max install files (just in case), and re-installing could help.

Also a reset of the prefs is a quick potential fix.

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 3
antoni.ryniak
in reply to: BenBisares

Thanks for the tip. It helped with the corrupt files, but the fluids are still missing. Do you have any other idea?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report