Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file clutter

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
I_Megaman_i
221 Views, 2 Replies

file clutter

explorer_7oUDTs0Ueb.png

Hey

any idea how to turn off this file clutter 3ds max is making?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CAMedeck
in reply to: I_Megaman_i

What are you doing when these files are created?  What render engine are you using?

I did a quick search on the internet, and it looks like when you are rendering with Arnold there is an option to convert textures to .TX files, which are more memory efficient than standard bitmap types.

Check out this link for more info:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-convert-bit...

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
ads_delesdr
in reply to: I_Megaman_i

Instead of losing the performance advantages of using tx files by turning them off completely, you can set the Arnold renderer to put all of those tx files into a single location instead of alongside the source bitmap file.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2024/ENU/?guid=arnold_for_3ds_max_5610_html

Ability to define Auto-TX Path: You can now set the path for the automatically generated tx files. If this points to a directory, all tx files are generated in a subdirectory structure under that. If this is left empty, the tx files are generated in the same directory as the original texture or, if the directory is not writable, in a subdirectory of the %TEMP%\TX directory.

ads_delesdr_0-1691078993675.png

Rick D

Senior QA Analyst - 3ds Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report