Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX does not save presets

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
sijo_animech
9295 Views, 17 Replies

FBX does not save presets

I'm having trouble with saving my FBX export/import settings in Max 2017. When I try to export an object, it always defaults to the "Autodesk Media & Entertainment" preset. When I change some settings, the preset changes to "User Defined", which is correct behavior. However, if I press OK, and then run the export again, the "User Defined" preset is gone, and it reverts back to "Autodesk Media & Entertainment".

This problem is new for me in 2017. I do not have the same problem in 2016 or 2014, both of which save the "User Defined" preset after export. However, some of my coworkers have had the same problem in previous releases.

I have tried to save a preset through "Edt..."->"Save preset" in the FBX export window. But when I enter a name and click OK, the preset still doesn't show up in the preset dropdown list. I have also tried to copy my presets from 2016 and paste them in my 2017 folder. This makes the presets show up in the dropdown at least. However, when I load one of these presets and change some settings, the changes are still not saved after export.

Apart from it being very annoying to manually change the settings each time you want to export something, this problem breaks some of our inhouse scripts. This problem makes it impossible to batch-export multiple FBX-files with the same settings.

I know (after some googling) that there are some people out there that have the same problem. The only thing that may have fixed this problem for some people is to run Max as admin, and/or turn off windows UAC. I have tried both of these, but the problem still persists.

Are there others that have the same problem with 2017? Has anyone found a real solution? Is this a known bug, and are there workarounds?

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
nikolad
in reply to: sijo_animech

We are test driving 3dsmax2017 on couple of machines in the studio and we have the same problem on every one. We also tried everything you mentioned but nothing seams to work. On one machine Max even crashes when you want to save a FBX preset.
Message 3 of 18
shopV9GFT

Same problem here. 

I use this feature up to 50 times a day... everytime i need to reenter the settings. costs alot of time

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

Same issue here - when trying to save the preset, it doesn't seem to remember it in the drop down menu.

Also, I can't find the 2017

"Autodesk Media & Entertainment.fbxexportpreset"

or any other .fbxexportpreset files.

Help?

Message 5 of 18
spacefrog_

It'S pretty much a mess (it already was before Max 2017, but now its a broken mess).

Seems that the Max installation does'nt create the folders for the custom import/export settings.

Great - i thought - so give poor Max some help to do so via script:

(
	local MyDocsPath = (dotnetclass "System.Environment").GetFolderPath (dotnetclass "System.Environment+SpecialFolder").MyDocuments
	local FbxSubPath = @"\3dsmax\FBX\3dsMax2017_X64\Presets\2017.0.1\"

makeDir (MyDocsPath+FbxSubPath+"import") all:true
	makeDir (MyDocsPath+FbxSubPath+"export") all:true
)

This creates the corresponding folders for 3ds Max 2017 release version ( path will change for updated FBX plugins ! )

And now Max even stores your customized FBX presets successfully

Problem is.... it does NOT read the contents of those preset folder back to look for user saved preset files  !

I tested the same thing in Max 2016 and Max 2015 , there at least things work as expected, but is a total mess already too:

FBX plugins for Max2015/2016 both store their preset files in the "My Documents\3dsmax\FBX\3dsMax2014_X64\Presets\" folder ( note the Max 2014 part )!?!?! Holly molly - someone should give the person responsible for the FBX plugins recompiles some serious wakeup call !

BTW:

AFAIK the FBX dev team is a seperated unit and they do not really seem to care much - at least on the Max side of things ...

Maybe it's even the Maya team responsible for it ( like it is for Backburner )

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 6 of 18
spacefrog_
in reply to: spacefrog_

BTW:

After you created the folders as mentioned in my previous post and created some ucustomized presets, you can copy the preset files to your corresponding  [3dsMax2017Root]\plugcfg\FBX\presets  folder. After doing this, at least you can pick the presets from the drop down in the dialog. Problem is that changes most likely are stored again in the "My documents" subfolders and not read back after that ( i did'nt test though )

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 7 of 18
sijo_animech
in reply to: Anonymous

@clichtner wrote:

Also, I can't find the 2017

"Autodesk Media & Entertainment.fbxexportpreset"

or any other .fbxexportpreset files.

Help?

You can find them in your [Maxroot]\plugcfg\FBX\presets\export folder, typically it's in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\plugcfg\FBX\presets\export

Message 8 of 18
sijo_animech

Ok I did some more testing, and here's what I've found:

As you mentioned, you have to manually create the ...\Documents\3dsMax\FBX\3dsMax2017_X64\Presets\2017.0.1\export folders to get the user defined presets to be saved. Howerver, this preset does not show up in the preset dropdown list. I also noticed that when you hit export in max, a new folder is created in the ...\Documents\3dsMax\FBX\3dsMax2017_X64\Presets folder, called export. If you compare the two paths, you'll notice that the only difference the \2017.0.1\ folder.

I copied the "User defined.fbxexportpreset" file from the first path into the second one, and tried exporting again. Now, the preset DID show up in the preset dropdown list.

So, it seems that 3ds Max 2017 wants to save the presets in:

...\Documents\3dsMax\FBX\3dsMax2017_X64\Presets\2017.0.1\export

and it wants to load presets from:

...\Documents\3dsMax\FBX\3dsMax2017_X64\Presets\export

which is completely bonkers.

I really hope this gets a hotfix soon.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous

Thanks Spacefrog!!  You are a genius!  You saved me lots of hours by figuring this out.  

I don't know how to script so I just followed your path and created the folders myself. Then I created the preset in the export dialogue. Lastly I copied the new preset from your folder to the existing export folder and now I can see it in my Current Presets.  Thanks again!

Brad

Message 10 of 18
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

This thread was before my start time here in the forums, but I wanted to inform you that this issue was fixed in SP2 of 3ds Max 2017.  If you have not done so, please install your updates.  There are many things that have been fixed or improved and if you have no updates or service packs installed your experience will be downgraded.  Thanks for doing that for me!  You can find them in the Desktop App or at Manage.Autodesk.com

Best Regards,

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Great)) I have same issue with Maya 2017 SP4. None of it were on SP3) Is there any solution? Sorry for writing to Max forum, but IO havent found any troubleshooting for this in relevant Maya threads.

Message 12 of 18
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

A bit outside my wheelhouse I'm afraid, but @sean.heasley may have an idea about this.  Ever seen this one in Maya Sean?  Thanks!

Best Regards,

Message 13 of 18

Thanks for the mention @Alfred.DeFlaminis!

I'd be happy to help @Anonymous but to help the rest of the Maya community if you can go ahead and make a thread on the Maya board so myself and the other Maya users can pitch and help and/or see the solution to this issue that would be great!

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

Hello you can enter in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\plugcfg\FBX\presets\export

then open new text doc and copy code and save like txt then move text document

in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\plugcfg\FBX\presets\export

change extension .txt  to .fbxexportpreset 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Export UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="1" UIP="0" lbENU="Export">
  <PlugInGrp UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Plugin Information">
    <PlugInUIWidth UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Plugin UI Width" dt="Integer" v="500"/>
    <PlugInUIHeight UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Plugin UI Height" dt="Integer" v="500"/>
    <PlugInUIXpos UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Plugin UI X Position" dt="Integer" v="100"/>
    <PlugInUIYpos UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Plugin UI Y Position" dt="Integer" v="100"/>
    <UILIndex UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="UI language" dt="Enum" enumSelected="ENU" v="0" enumItem_0="ENU" enumItem_1="DEU" enumItem_2="FRA" enumItem_3="JPN" enumItem_4="KOR" enumItem_5="CHS"/>
    <PluginProductFamily UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Plugin product family" dt="KString" v="3DS Max  ( API cut number: 13.0.1.203 )"/>
    <PresetSelected UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Preset Selected" dt="KString" v=""/>
  </PlugInGrp>
  <PresetsGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="1" lbENU="Presets">
    <Presets UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Current Preset" dt="Presets"/>
  </PresetsGrp>
  <StatisticsGrp UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="1" UIP="0" lbENU="Statistics">
    <Statistics UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Statistics" dt="Statistics"/>
  </StatisticsGrp>
  <IncludeGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="1" UIP="0" lbENU="Include">
    <Geometry UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Geometry">
      <SmoothingGroups UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Smoothing Groups" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
      <GeomNormalPerPoly UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Split per-vertex Normals" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
      <TangentsandBinormals UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Tangents and Binormals" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
      <SmoothMesh UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="TurboSmooth" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
      <Instances UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Preserve Instances" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
      <SelectionSet UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Selection Sets" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
      <MaxBoneAsBone UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Convert Deforming Dummies to Bones" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
      <Triangulate UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Triangulate" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
      <PreserveEdgeOrientation UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Preserve edge orientation" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
      <MRCustomAttributes UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="MR Custom Attributes" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
    </Geometry>
    <Animation UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Animation" dt="Bool" v="0">
      <ExtraGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Extra Options">
        <UseSceneName UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Use scene name" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
        <RemoveSingleKey UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Remove single key" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
      </ExtraGrp>
      <BakeComplexAnimation UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Bake Animation" dt="Bool" v="0">
        <BakeFrameStart UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Start" dt="Integer" v="0"/>
        <BakeFrameEnd UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="End" dt="Integer" v="100"/>
        <BakeFrameStep UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Step" dt="Integer" v="1"/>
        <ResampleAnimationCurves UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Resample All" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
      </BakeComplexAnimation>
      <Deformation UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Deformations" dt="Bool" v="1">
        <Skins UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Skins" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
        <Shape UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Morphs" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
      </Deformation>
      <CurveFilter UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Curve Filters" dt="Bool" v="0">
        <CurveFilterApplyCstKeyRed UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Constant Key Reducer" dt="Bool" v="0">
          <CurveFilterCstKeyRedTPrec UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Translation Precision" dt="Number" v="9e-005" min="0" max="1"/>
          <CurveFilterCstKeyRedRPrec UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Rotation Precision" dt="Number" v="0.009" min="0" max="1"/>
          <CurveFilterCstKeyRedSPrec UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Scaling Precision" dt="Number" v="0.004" min="0" max="1"/>
          <CurveFilterCstKeyRedOPrec UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Other Precision" dt="Number" v="0.009" min="0" max="1"/>
          <AutoTangentsOnly UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Auto tangents only" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
        </CurveFilterApplyCstKeyRed>
        <CurveFilterApplyUnroll UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Unroll Rotations" dt="Bool" v="0">
          <CurveFilterUnrollPrec UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Precision" dt="Number" v="0.25" min="0" max="1000"/>
          <CurveFilterUnrollPath UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Follow Y-Up" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
        </CurveFilterApplyUnroll>
        <CurveFilterApplyKeyReduce UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Key Reducer" dt="Bool" v="0">
          <CurveFilterKeyReducePrec UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Filter Intensity" dt="Number" v="1" min="0" max="1e+009"/>
          <CurveFilterApplyKeySync UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="XYZ Curve Synchronisation" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
        </CurveFilterApplyKeyReduce>
      </CurveFilter>
      <PointCache UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Point Cache File(s)" dt="Bool" v="0">
        <SelectionSetNameAsPointCache UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Set" dt="Enum" enumSelected=" " v="0" enumItem_0=" "/>
      </PointCache>
	  <Constraints UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Characters" dt="Bool" v="0">
        <Character UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="CAT Characters as HIK" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
      </Constraints>
    </Animation>
    <CameraGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Cameras">
      <Camera UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Cameras" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
    </CameraGrp>
    <LightGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Lights">
      <Light UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Lights" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
    </LightGrp>
    <EmbedTextureGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Embed Media">
      <EmbedTexture UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Embed Media" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
    </EmbedTextureGrp>
    <BindPose UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Bind Pose" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
    <PivotToNulls UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Pivot To Null" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
  </IncludeGrp>
  <AdvOptGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Advanced Options">
    <UnitsGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Units">
      <TotalUnitsScale UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Total Units Scale" dt="TextLine"/>
      <DynamicScaleConversion UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Automatic" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
      <UnitsSelector UIH="0" UID="1" UIG="0" lbENU="Scene units converted to" dt="Enum" enumSelected="Inches" v="5" enumItem_0="Millimeters" enumItem_1="Centimeters" enumItem_2="Decimeters" enumItem_3="Meters" enumItem_4="Kilometers" enumItem_5="Inches" enumItem_6="Feet" enumItem_7="Yards" enumItem_8="Miles"/>
    </UnitsGrp>
    <AxisConvGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Axis Conversion">
      <UpAxis UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Up Axis" dt="Enum" enumSelected="Y-up" v="0" enumItem_0="Y-up" enumItem_1="Z-up"/>
    </AxisConvGrp>
    <UI UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="UI">
      <ShowWarningsManager UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Show Warning Manager" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
      <GenerateLogData UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Generate Log Data" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
      <PluginVersionsURL UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Plugin Versions URL" dt="KString" v="http://download.autodesk.com/us/fbx/versions/fbxversion.xml"/>
    </UI>
    <Fbx UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="FBX File Format">
      <AsciiFbx UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Type" dt="Enum" enumSelected="Binary" v="0" enumItem_0="Binary" enumItem_1="ASCII"/>
      <ExportFileVersion UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Version" dt="Alias" enumSelected="FBX201400" v="0" enumItem_0="FBX201400" enumItem_1="FBX201300" enumItem_2="FBX201200" enumItem_3="FBX201100" enumItem_4="FBX201000" enumItem_5="FBX200900" enumItem_6="FBX200611"/>
    </Fbx>
    <Dxf UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Dxf">
      <Deformation UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Deformed Models" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
      <Triangulate UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Triangulate" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
    </Dxf>
    <Collada UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Collada">
      <Triangulate UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Triangulate" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
      <SingleMatrix UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Single Matrix" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
      <FrameRate UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Frame Rate" dt="Number" v="30"/>
    </Collada>
  </AdvOptGrp>
  <FBXExtentionsSDK UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="FBX Extensions SDK">
    <FBXExtentionsSDKWarning UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="FBX Extensions SDK Warning" dt="Warning" v="Add your custom properties here."/>
  </FBXExtentionsSDK>
</Export>

Message 15 of 18
wallacefonseka_94

@Anonymous, this code was really helpful! 
I just change some details like units and Smothing Groups set to 1

Thank you very much! 

This code here is with:

' Smotthing Groups ' option activated
' Centimeters ' units instead of Milimeters:

THE CODE:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Export UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="1" UIP="0" lbENU="Export">
<PlugInGrp UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Plugin Information">
<PlugInUIWidth UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Plugin UI Width" dt="Integer" v="500"/>
<PlugInUIHeight UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Plugin UI Height" dt="Integer" v="500"/>
<PlugInUIXpos UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Plugin UI X Position" dt="Integer" v="100"/>
<PlugInUIYpos UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Plugin UI Y Position" dt="Integer" v="100"/>
<UILIndex UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="UI language" dt="Enum" enumSelected="ENU" v="0" enumItem_0="ENU" enumItem_1="DEU" enumItem_2="FRA" enumItem_3="JPN" enumItem_4="KOR" enumItem_5="CHS"/>
<PluginProductFamily UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Plugin product family" dt="KString" v="3DS Max ( API cut number: 13.0.1.203 )"/>
<PresetSelected UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Preset Selected" dt="KString" v=""/>
</PlugInGrp>
<PresetsGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="1" lbENU="Presets">
<Presets UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Current Preset" dt="Presets"/>
</PresetsGrp>
<StatisticsGrp UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="1" UIP="0" lbENU="Statistics">
<Statistics UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Statistics" dt="Statistics"/>
</StatisticsGrp>
<IncludeGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="1" UIP="0" lbENU="Include">
<Geometry UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Geometry">
<SmoothingGroups UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Smoothing Groups" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
<GeomNormalPerPoly UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Split per-vertex Normals" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
<TangentsandBinormals UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Tangents and Binormals" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
<SmoothMesh UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="TurboSmooth" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
<Instances UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Preserve Instances" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
<SelectionSet UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Selection Sets" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
<MaxBoneAsBone UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Convert Deforming Dummies to Bones" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
<Triangulate UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Triangulate" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
<PreserveEdgeOrientation UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Preserve edge orientation" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
<MRCustomAttributes UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="MR Custom Attributes" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
</Geometry>
<Animation UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Animation" dt="Bool" v="0">
<ExtraGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Extra Options">
<UseSceneName UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Use scene name" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
<RemoveSingleKey UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Remove single key" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
</ExtraGrp>
<BakeComplexAnimation UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Bake Animation" dt="Bool" v="0">
<BakeFrameStart UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Start" dt="Integer" v="0"/>
<BakeFrameEnd UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="End" dt="Integer" v="100"/>
<BakeFrameStep UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Step" dt="Integer" v="1"/>
<ResampleAnimationCurves UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Resample All" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
</BakeComplexAnimation>
<Deformation UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Deformations" dt="Bool" v="1">
<Skins UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Skins" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
<Shape UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Morphs" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
</Deformation>
<CurveFilter UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Curve Filters" dt="Bool" v="0">
<CurveFilterApplyCstKeyRed UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Constant Key Reducer" dt="Bool" v="0">
<CurveFilterCstKeyRedTPrec UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Translation Precision" dt="Number" v="9e-005" min="0" max="1"/>
<CurveFilterCstKeyRedRPrec UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Rotation Precision" dt="Number" v="0.009" min="0" max="1"/>
<CurveFilterCstKeyRedSPrec UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Scaling Precision" dt="Number" v="0.004" min="0" max="1"/>
<CurveFilterCstKeyRedOPrec UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Other Precision" dt="Number" v="0.009" min="0" max="1"/>
<AutoTangentsOnly UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Auto tangents only" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
</CurveFilterApplyCstKeyRed>
<CurveFilterApplyUnroll UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Unroll Rotations" dt="Bool" v="0">
<CurveFilterUnrollPrec UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Precision" dt="Number" v="0.25" min="0" max="1000"/>
<CurveFilterUnrollPath UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Follow Y-Up" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
</CurveFilterApplyUnroll>
<CurveFilterApplyKeyReduce UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Key Reducer" dt="Bool" v="0">
<CurveFilterKeyReducePrec UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Filter Intensity" dt="Number" v="1" min="0" max="1e+009"/>
<CurveFilterApplyKeySync UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="XYZ Curve Synchronisation" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
</CurveFilterApplyKeyReduce>
</CurveFilter>
<PointCache UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Point Cache File(s)" dt="Bool" v="0">
<SelectionSetNameAsPointCache UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Set" dt="Enum" enumSelected=" " v="0" enumItem_0=" "/>
</PointCache>
<Constraints UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="1" UIX="0" lbENU="Characters" dt="Bool" v="0">
<Character UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="CAT Characters as HIK" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
</Constraints>
</Animation>
<CameraGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Cameras">
<Camera UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Cameras" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
</CameraGrp>
<LightGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Lights">
<Light UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Lights" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
</LightGrp>
<EmbedTextureGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Embed Media">
<EmbedTexture UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Embed Media" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
</EmbedTextureGrp>
<BindPose UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Bind Pose" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
<PivotToNulls UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Pivot To Null" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
</IncludeGrp>
<AdvOptGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Advanced Options">
<UnitsGrp UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Units">
<TotalUnitsScale UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Total Units Scale" dt="TextLine"/>
<DynamicScaleConversion UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Automatic" dt="Bool" v="0"/>
<UnitsSelector UIH="0" UID="1" UIG="0" lbENU="Scene units converted to" dt="Enum" enumSelected="Centimeters" v="1" enumItem_0="Millimeters" enumItem_1="Centimeters" enumItem_2="Decimeters" enumItem_3="Meters" enumItem_4="Kilometers" enumItem_5="Inches" enumItem_6="Feet" enumItem_7="Yards" enumItem_8="Miles"/>
</UnitsGrp>
<UpAxis UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Up Axis" dt="Enum" enumSelected="Y-up" v="0" enumItem_0="Y-up" enumItem_1="Z-up"/>
</AxisConvGrp>
<UI UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="UI">
<ShowWarningsManager UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Show Warning Manager" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
<GenerateLogData UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Generate Log Data" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
<PluginVersionsURL UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Plugin Versions URL" dt="KString" v="http://download.autodesk.com/us/fbx/versions/fbxversion.xml"/>
</UI>
<Fbx UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="FBX File Format">
<AsciiFbx UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Type" dt="Enum" enumSelected="Binary" v="0" enumItem_0="Binary" enumItem_1="ASCII"/>
<ExportFileVersion UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Version" dt="Alias" enumSelected="FBX201400" v="0" enumItem_0="FBX201400" enumItem_1="FBX201300" enumItem_2="FBX201200" enumItem_3="FBX201100" enumItem_4="FBX201000" enumItem_5="FBX200900" enumItem_6="FBX200611"/>
</Fbx>
<Dxf UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Dxf">
<Deformation UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Deformed Models" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
</Dxf>
<Collada UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="Collada">
<SingleMatrix UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" UIBG="0" lbENU="Single Matrix" dt="Bool" v="1"/>
<FrameRate UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="Frame Rate" dt="Number" v="30"/>
</Collada>
</AdvOptGrp>
<FBXExtentionsSDK UIH="1" UID="0" UIG="1" UIX="0" UIP="0" lbENU="FBX Extensions SDK">
<FBXExtentionsSDKWarning UIH="0" UID="0" UIG="0" lbENU="FBX Extensions SDK Warning" dt="Warning" v="Add your custom properties here."/>
</FBXExtentionsSDK>
</Export>

Message 16 of 18
nroginich

This solved the issue for me. Thank you very much.

Message 17 of 18

I set smoothing group in the file like you said and it works fine.
Then I tried to apply the same principle to Up Axis Conversion but does not work.

This is the line of code: 

I bolded the part that I tried to change, and I've set it to "1" but it does not work.

Any suggestions? 

Message 18 of 18
echu_sen

Version 2020 gave me this error on year 2019. Now I get it again on v2022, and still dunno what I did to fix it but wasn't on this list of solutions posted here. Fix?

EDIT: Run as Admin solves it, seems he cannot read his own files on C:// (export presets folder is no longer on Documents, but on installation folder)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report