Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message 0xc0000006

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1303 Views, 4 Replies

error message 0xc0000006

Hi,
I am a hand drawn animator finally taking the leap into 3D so to start I recently installed the trial version of Max to practise. On the second attempt the program finally installed correctly but upon trying to open the program for the first time the following message appeared '0xc0000006' program could not start up.
It has beem installed on Windows XP Pro SP3 with suficient Ram memory. The graphics card is a NVIDIA Quadro FX570 but with only 256MB memory. Could that be the problem?

Thanks,
Chris
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Define "sufficient" memory. Is that XP32 or XP64?
The Quadro shouldn't itself be the cause, the drivers for it might be.

Google, google and more google. That error code is associated with many possible causes, from missing dll's to bad disk sectors to virus infestations. We're not going to be able to tell you which it is.

NB. Be wary of sites which say "download this s/ware to fix this error" - many of them will find (allegedly) the problem but you then have to buy it to fix it.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for your answer Steve,
Yes that's the first thing I did, google the error, but only 2 clear matches resulted in 2 message board posts (not Area) WITHOUT answers. No other tangible useful results.
The Ram memory is 2GB.
The Windows version is 32bit.
Message 4 of 5
Steve_Curley

While 2GB is the absolute minimum, remember that the OS can take nearly a GB of that leaving just 1GB for Max. Theoretically enough for it to run, but probably not to do anything useful with it.
Might be time to consider a new system - 64bit with at least 4GB and perferably 8, and a 64bit OS.

I got 6 pages of results searching for 0x0000006 - hence the multiple possibilities I gave earlier. I would definitely run at least 2 different virus scanners (reputable ones!), possibly a memory tester in case the RAM has gone bad, make sure all drivers are up to date. Oh, and try the "normal" nVidia drivers if you have any "special" ones installed, just in case.

This is almost certainly a system issue rather then one with Max, as such it's a bit beyond the scope of these forums.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 5
DarrenP

yea your machine is really outdated in my opinion
time to invest in a new one

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report