Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing USD file: “USD does not support unicode characters in filepath, please remove these characters.”

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
steven
216 Views, 2 Replies

Error importing USD file: “USD does not support unicode characters in filepath, please remove these characters.”

HI,

A client send me Blender 3D files. I need to importthem file into 3DSmax. I try USD export from blender, but I get this error message when importing the USD file in 3dsMAX:

“USD does not support unicode characters in filepath, please remove these characters.”

I tried differents option in the Blender exporter window, got the same message every time.

Importing the USD file back in Blender work fine. So I assume this is a 3dsMAX importing bug.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

ArteMAX.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Max.macmillan
in reply to: steven

Hello Steven,

The error you're experiencing suggests that the file path to your .usd file (or .usd filename itself) on your local disk uses Unicode characters to describe the path. USD Expects alphanumeric values. A-Z, 0-9, underscores and spaces to describe filepaths to USD content. You may need to rename your .usd file and doublecheck your filepath for the unsupported unicode characters to continue.

I hope that helps!

Max MacMillan
max.macmillan@autodesk.com
3D QA Analyst
Autodesk
Message 3 of 3
steven
in reply to: Max.macmillan

Thanks Max,

It works now.

Steven

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report