Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing FZP (Vissim) file

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2039 Views, 8 Replies

Error importing FZP (Vissim) file

When I try to import a Vissim fzp file in Civil View (Civil View - Traffic import - Import FZP file - Open), I get the following error message:

The selected FZP file does not contain certain required data fields (see image). 

This message appears multiple times.

If I look inside the fzp file with Notepad I see some difference in the description of some fields. I tried to change them manually. Unfortunately with the same result (see image).

Who knows what I can do to import the FZP file into 3D Studio Max so I can couple some objects to it?

Thanks in advance:

Louis van Amerongen

Vissim Fields.jpgError dd 21-09-2016.jpg

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

This error is due to PTV having changed the FZP file headers for the format. 3ds Max no longer imports PTV Vissim FZP Traffic Sim files via the Civil View feature, and gives the error, "the FZP file doesn't contain required data fields."

The PTV Vissim Traffic Sim file format changed as of Vissim Release 6, but the 3ds Max Civil View importer hasn't been updated to reflect the changed data format.

PTV's Technical Support staff notes, "our official recommendation (and the only way supported by us) is the 3ds Max export. This was implemented again in Vissim 6.00-06 and is available in Vissim 7.00 and above. Then use the *.ani.txt file (with the same format as in Vissim 5.40) with the VISSIMTo3DS.ms script to import the data into 3ds Max."

I have attached some PDF help files and a .ms script to assist you with this operation.  Please use this method as it is the only officially supported method by Vissim at this time.  

Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question. This lets me know that I was effective in helping you, and thank you for doing so.

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Thank you very much for answering Alfred,

While reading the manual and trying the macro in 3D Studio Max I noticed that in you're solution 3D Studio Max needs to be on the same computer as Vissim. In my case, the traffic simulations are made by an other team member wich has an other computer. 

Do you also have a solution if Vissim and 3DStudio are on different computers?

Thanks in advance, 

Louis

Message 4 of 9
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

It's an interesting question.  The truth is that the zip file I attached is actually created and provided by VisSim themselves.   I think they provided all that information and the .pdf files as a great demonstration of customer support since the file headers changed and some users were left in the cold, so to speak.  It may be possible to run one of either software as a demo in order to get it on both machines and move across programs.  

The .ms script has an email address toward the top, you may need to direct your question there as I have no further information about this issue. I'm interested in what they have to say, please update me here so I can refer the process to future users.

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you very much Alfred, 

Now I've got some some new things top try:

1) -Ask the Vissim collegae if he can mail the missing files asked by the macro;

2) -Install a demo of Vissim on the same computer;

3) -worst case scenario, Ask the collegae if he can use an old version of Vissim.

If I got some results, I wil let you know.

Regards,

Louis

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

Thanks for keeping me updated.  Interested as well in the result.

EDIT:  I was chatting with @Anonymous via PM about this issue and he had a great update about his workflow.  I just wanted to post it here and thank you very much Louis for the information.  

"It worked. It was possible to couple a Vissim Simulation to elements in 3DStudio Max. The trick is to use 3 .ms script files  (rotations.ms, SkeletonCreator and VISSIMTo3DS.ms) to let it work. 

After that a link (network txt file) and Animation script (.ani.txt) from Vissim can be imported. 

The macro looks to elements described in the animation script to couple. If cancel is pressed, boxes where used. This worked very good. "

Best Regards,

Message 7 of 9

Im sorry, but where can i find therse rotations.ms and SkeletonCreator?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Helo,

If got the same problem with a Vissim Fzp File.   
I use  max 2018 update 4   and when i try to load the script  Vissim TO 3dsMax i get a Compile error can't find rotations.ms  What do i do now?

and what is this  Ani.txt File you talk about?

Cheers

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Hello,
We're using 2017 3ds max and are getting ready to import Vissim data from PTZ Vissim 9.0. 
Does the 2017.1 update mentioned in the link below mean this issue has been resolved?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/3ds-Ma...

Thanks,

Joseph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report