Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editable poly plane isnt moving straight, help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
436 Views, 3 Replies

Editable poly plane isnt moving straight, help

im kinda new to 3d modelling and i need help really bad i need to create model a car within 2 weeks for my school project and im trying to trace around the car with editable poly plane and everytime i hold shift and drag it it doesnt go straight it keeps going of to the sides and in on itself it only goes straight when i drag it directly on top.bp.PNGCapture.PNG 

dont judge me im still new to this

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
irishman_team_kilber
in reply to: Anonymous

you should always freeze your planes before you start a project, there are a lot of free videos on youtube that teaches you how to create a car, but not possible in two weeks IMHO, it may take you a month maybe more depending how how long you have been using max for.

here is the way to setup your ref images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4A-lfmPtQA&t=170s

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: irishman_team_kilber

the ref images are fine in my opinion i just need help with the blue plane it doesnt move straight 

@irishman_team_kilber wrote:

you should always freeze your planes before you start a project, there are a lot of free videos on youtube that teaches you how to create a car, but not possible in two weeks IMHO, it may take you a month maybe more depending how how long you have been using max for.

here is the way to setup your ref images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4A-lfmPtQA&t=170s

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: irishman_team_kilber

NVM ALL GOODS I FIXED IT, it was right in front of me the whole time

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report