Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit UVW's window - few questions

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mix3r1
782 Views, 1 Reply

Edit UVW's window - few questions

Hello

Like in the title I have a few questions about unwrapping window:

1. Is it possible to see normals while unwrapping in the unwrap uvw window? 

2. Sometimes when I click "pack together" button it's packing only selected faces but sometimes it packs all faces of the model not only those selected. Why is that happening?

Cheers

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: mix3r1

You haven't said what version of Max you are use. It matters as each release of Max has updates to the UVW feature. 

As far as I know, you can't see normals in UVW Unwrap. If you collapse your object to an 'Editable Mesh' you can turn on 'Show Normals' and see little blue lines that radiate from each normal in a normal viewport. I wish 'Editable Poly' had that feature but it does not. If you select faces, etc., in the UVW panel, and you want to select everything you cross over, make sure to turn off 'Ignore Backfacing.' It's always on by default. 

I can't get 'Pack Together' to do anything like you mention in Max 2022. If you accidentally hit 'Display Only Selected Polygons' in the UVW Unwrap window (see attachment), pack will only pack those faces that are selected. But with that off, whether you have faces selected or not, the pack works normally and packs all the faces the same way, ignoring any selection. 

Can you show a video of what you are doing and what's happening?

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report