Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag And Drop Xref Object

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
calberto.cart
192 Views, 3 Replies

Drag And Drop Xref Object

Hi, when a File is dragged into the viewport, we can open, merge, xref, but only xref as an scene, not object.

Is there a way to change this behavior?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Diffus3d
in reply to: calberto.cart

I looked for a while and came up short.  Maybe it's scriptable but I couldn't find any information about it.  Someone in the programming subforum might know something, but it seems to operate sort of outside the menu customization system.

As long as you aren't drag and dropping from the desktop, you could setup a hotkey or something for the Xref Objects dialog and import from there.  If you click in the address bar in a windows folder it shows the full path which you can copy and paste into the xref objects import.  Not exactly what you wanted but probably the fastest plan B method.  

Best Regards,

Alfred (AJ) DeFlaminis

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

View Max Tips/Tricks Megathread
Message 3 of 4

Thanks but, as you said its not what i want, i already use this kind of method.

What Im using is Connecter, it has an option to merge as xref, but first I need to open connecter and have all the elements in place to do that.

Well, thanks anyway.

Message 4 of 4
Diffus3d
in reply to: calberto.cart

Just because I don't know how to do it doesn't mean it's not possible though.  I have no experience with Connector, but hopefully someone else knows something.

Best Regards,

Alfred (AJ) DeFlaminis

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

View Max Tips/Tricks Megathread

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report