Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docking "Layers" in 2018

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
331 Views, 1 Reply

Docking "Layers" in 2018

Hi,

3DS Max 2017 starts by default with the Layers panel docked to the left of the viewport. How can I make 2018 do that too ? I tried saving as a workspace or as a maxstart.max file but I still have to click on "Layers" to make it appear. I want it open and docked on startup.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: Anonymous

I had this issue in Max 2017 and maybe this will help in Max 2018. Go to 'Help' and then to the 'Welcome' screen. Setup up a custom Max layout and save it there as the default. When I did that in Max 2017 it stuck and I had what I wanted. Doing it any other way would not stay. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report