Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Bigger Edges

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1673 Views, 5 Replies

Display Bigger Edges

Hello,

that's an embarrassing question. I can't seem to find an option to increase edge display size and Google is not helping for once. I could find Vertex size option easily enough.

I refuse to believe a 4k euros 3d package is lacking such a basic feature!

Can someone point me in the right direction?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think there is no way to make the Edges thicker in the viewport.

But you can suggest this option to Autodesk for future releases.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for your answer.

I am pretty much speechless right now...

Any script then maybe? It's really, really too thin by default.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

remember that you´re talking to autodesk here. 
Maybe, sometime in the future, there will be a new feature that causes a bug that makes your lines thicker, but there will never be a function to do this manually, that´s not how autodesk works. Autodesk adds new features, creates new bugs, never fixes them and does more new features... 

Message 5 of 6
JThompsonTechEd

Ditto....

Autodesk wants their software in every school and college, which means tens of thousands of students will be squinting at wireframes displayed on overhead projectors.  30% of the students cannot see the segments/edges they need to see.
I have found how to make the grid (ground plane) lines thicker and brighter. Great. 
Just as needed is the ability to make wireframe lines thicker.  And Autodesk has provided a way to make vertices (vertexes) thicker and brighter.  
Help!  

Message 6 of 6
darawork
in reply to: JThompsonTechEd

Hi all,

Have you tried changing the Per-Viewport Stylized settings?
https://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-E36FEE48-05A5-4C95-929E-2CFD8D0B7FA3

'Tech' with Edged faces off seems to give good results, for perhaps high contrast projector viewing:

darawork_0-1683887020002.png

Standard Default Shading.

darawork_1-1683887094817.png

Stylized 'Tech' shading.

Regards,

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report