Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I download the right version??

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
510 Views, 6 Replies

Did I download the right version??

Hello I am a business student at a university. I was trying to create a 3d vision and inside to a business I wanted to open. I downloaded the students version of 3d max. Would this be the best downloaded version of AutoCAD that would help me to accomplish this assignment???

Thanks in Advance!
Korrine B
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to Autodesk Community!

3ds Max and AutoCAD are two different programs. What are you trying to do in your assignment?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I am in a small business management class and I have to write a business plan. I wanted to create a 3d vision of my business from the inside
Message 4 of 7
lynn_zhang

@Anonymous

It depends on your business plan. What industry is it? What exactly are you trying to create in the business plan?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

The business is a coffee shop!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I'd have to answer that it depends... Both Autocad and 3DS max can be used to 3D design a layout of a coffee shop.

Of course 3DS Max would be better as far as creating final renders, although I have seen some impressive work

done only with autocad. Do some research yourself and you will discover the pros and con's of each application.

Message 7 of 7
dgorsman

Both AutoCAD and 3DSMAX are fairly complicated programs - they aren't the typical hardware store interior layout programs where you just drag'n'drop a few items to create images.  If you aren't familiar with either program I would advise AGAINST using them for a school project, presumably on a deadline of a couple of months - learning to use them is a dedicated full-semester (at least) proposition.  If you really, *really* want to do this check with the design/drafting department to see if they have some students there who would be willing to work up the models and renderings for you.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report