Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark background

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Darwin33
1726 Views, 5 Replies

Dark background

I have a problem with a background from a HDRI image. It is too dark, I am happy with the general lighting of the scene but the background is still quite dark. IS there a way that I can make brighter the background keeping the intensity of the general lighting.

Also If would like to change the reflection in a glass of a window, I mean not reflecting the HDRI image that I am using for lighting but another image of my choose. How can I make it?

Finally if in post processing I would like to edit separatly the reflex in windows which element should I render, reflection, reflection filter...?

I enclose the pic

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

are you talking about the environment map? you can change that by hitting sortcut 8 on your keybord and then change the environment map to a sky map for example or just chage the colour/color using the swatch.

Message 3 of 6

If I change the HDRI image ofthe enviroment map for another picture, am I still lighting with the HDRI image?

Message 4 of 6

this should really be in the lighting and rendering community https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-shading-lighting-and/hiding-an-hdri-image-in-max-2020-but-kee...

@Richard.Vivanco  or @kgokhangurbuz  can help you i never really learned lighting and texurng got to bogged down with the AEC extended,

Message 5 of 6
Richard.Vivanco
in reply to: Darwin33

Use https://hdrihaven.com/ files.

Review your lighting configuration, look at the this image:

ar.png

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Darwin33

Another way to change the background in 3ds max is to go to Customize in your upper toolbar, select Custom UI and Default Switcher from the drop down list, and then a window should show up asking what kind of background you want.  For a lighter background, choose ame-light, for a darker backgrond, choose ame-dark.  Whatever you pick will be treated as default whenever you open 3ds Max on that machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report