Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash on startup 3dsmax 2011 x64

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2929 Views, 2 Replies

Crash on startup 3dsmax 2011 x64

Hello i have a very big problem
(I'm french, sorry for my english)

I change my motherboard ans proc and memory yesterday, but i don't reinstall windows seven, and now i don't have time to reinstal windows now.
Before change my motherboard, 3ds x64 worked good, and now he crash on startup with the report error on jpeg attachement.

3dsmax_minidump.dmp
dmpuserinfo.xml
dumpdata.zip
(and it's written version 3ds max 13 - 64bits)

But 3ds max 2011 x32 works very good
I need 3ds max 2011 x64 for use the plugins hair farm.

I already reinstall a several times 3ds x64 but nothing, et try to remove the three dmp, xml, and zip, and also put on Open GL

windows 7 ultimate x64
intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
8,00 gb ram
geforce 8800 gt

It's very urgent! thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

does your system run stable at all? I'd suggest (re-)installing all necessary drivers, if you didn't yet.

This is what helped me in a similar situation.

First, delete these folders:
c:\users\<your.name.here>\appdata\local\autodesk\3dsmax\2011 - 64bit
c:\users\<your.name.here>\appdata\roaming\autodesk\3dsmax
3ds Max regenerates them on next start-up with neutral settings, similar to a new/clean install.

Then switch to administrator-account and start 3ds Max (any other account with administrative privileges didn't work for me, i don't know why and what's the difference). Now adjust your settings to your needs, save them and close 3ds Max. Switch back to your user-account, start 3ds Max and adjust your settings again.
Again, this seems strange, but it worked fine when i had a crash in my user-account (WITH administrative privileges) on every startup after installing 3ds Max 2011 x64.

Hopefully this may help you too, please let us know.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes , it's work thank you very much Big Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report