Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil view import polygons

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Beka_Tchigladze
548 Views, 9 Replies

Civil view import polygons

Hello 

I want to use use 3ds max for infraworks. I studied how to animate some cars and it works well and I am very happy with that, but I want also to import some polygons from maybe Civil 3D and place group of different trees within this polygons after that I will export and use it in infraworks is there any opportunity to import polygons like I imported alignment? can anyone tell me how to do this job ? to place randomly different type of trees within polygon?

I have tried This type things but there is not desired results. Smiley Frustrated

2019-06-09_20-10-46.jpg2019-06-09_20-28-12.jpg

Beka Tchigladze
Road/Highway Technical Designer

AEC Collection/C3D 2025
WIN 11 64 PRO
Predator Helios 18, Intel Core i9 14900HX, 32 GB
NVIDIA RTX 4080, 12 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

yes you can import file / model from Civil 3d
Untitled.jpg

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

3D Generalist / Animator / Renderer/ Graphics Designer

Autodesk Student Ambassador Platinum
YouTube Channel l Linked l Facebook l Blogs

Message 3 of 10

Thank you for your response but I think you did not guess what I exactly mean. I know how to import polygon I wander if there is possibility automatically add trees within this polygon.

Beka Tchigladze

AEC Collection/C3D 2025
WIN 11 64 PRO
NVIDIA RTX 4080, 12 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
Message 4 of 10

My apology.....Actually you can add trees, however, it is totally separated from 3ds Max Civil View workflow..
in 3ds Max Civil View - you can manipulate object ( distance, random placement, etch) but in case of imported objects and or not part of Civil View Libraries, you cant manipulate them the way you manipulate those Civil View Model... 

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

Message 5 of 10

So I have project of road and there are little forests along this road in some places and I have polygons of this forests and I should add trees inside polygons, I am going to make visualization in Infraworks of my project, but it is hard in Infraworks to add different species group of trees, I make animated cars along the road in 3ds max and I will import it in Infraworks later. but it will be good if there is possibility to add this forest areas also from 3ds max, because it seems, it is possible to add different species off tree along tangents and I thought there might be way to add group of different species of trees (Automatically) in there too.

Beka Tchigladze

AEC Collection/C3D 2025
WIN 11 64 PRO
NVIDIA RTX 4080, 12 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
Message 6 of 10

@Beka_Tchigladze wrote:

". but it will be good if there is possibility to add this forest areas also from 3ds max, because it seems, it is possible to add different species off tree along tangents and I thought there might be way to add group of different species of trees in there too."

Yes you can always imported object like trees and cars along with those Civil View Models....

And this is what im talking about on my previous response... you can manipulate imported object independently

Untitled.jpg

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

Message 7 of 10

I understand that yes it is really great but as you see there, all the trees is placed along polygon edges and I guessed that it is possible to manually add some trees inside the polygon but, I am interested in that if it is possible to done this job automatically using software and do not do manually. is there possibilities to add different types of trees automatically inside polygon?

Beka Tchigladze

AEC Collection/C3D 2025
WIN 11 64 PRO
NVIDIA RTX 4080, 12 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
Message 8 of 10

check this....i used the same spline used in Civil View. I use the spacing tool to add trees along spline

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

Message 9 of 10

Either I can not explain well what the result I need to get from 3DS Max, or you cannot realize what I mean. I have make screen cast in my Infraworks and please see thoroughly, what I want to make in 3ds max, see the screen cast up to the end and please make answer after that. I need the same effect in 3ds max.

Beka Tchigladze

AEC Collection/C3D 2025
WIN 11 64 PRO
NVIDIA RTX 4080, 12 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
Message 10 of 10

ahh my apology, I misinterpreted your query....
check this it might be useful: SCATTER tools in 3ds Max
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpgl4S34HRM

and or a third party commercial  plugins: FOREST Pack Pro
https://www.itoosoft.com/forestpack

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report