Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

character joint picker GUI

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
scot74MJD
468 Views, 1 Reply

character joint picker GUI

i just started animating on a new project that is using 3ds max 2022 and my years of maya is taunting me... 

on the maya project we had a dedicated TA who would bust out tools for us which was great however this project doesn't currently have one so i am trying to see if it is something i can stumble through

i want to make a gui interface with a joint picker similar to this for our rig... (we don't have facial bones or blendshapes.. just the basic biped skeleton) 

i have very (very) little experience writing scripts but i can copy/paste/changeText like a madman the problem i'm enouncing is i can't find anything on the webs

i searched these forums and my googleFu is failing me so i thought i'd ask... 

any help/direction is greatly appreciated

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
10DSpace
in reply to: scot74MJD

@scot74MJD 

I use Biped a lot and like you, have been on the lookout for years for the kind of visual GUI you show for selecting it's bones.  Unfortunately,  I never found anything that actually works and includes all of the joints, including the fingers in a compact interface for Biped.    What I did find that does work and at least helps until something better is available,  is Biped Helper 3.0 here:

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/biped-helper

It has menu buttons that among other features, let you select the biped head, spine, root, hands & feet and from there I use the page down & Up keys to move along the heriarchy.  Doesn't work for fingers.    When I do need to manipulate the fingers I just use scene explorer in hierarchy mode and filtering out everything except bones/bipeds.   It ain't pretty and obviously not the graphic GUI you are looking for, but I could never find anything better for Biped and frankly, I am just doing previz at this stage of my project, so don't need very detailed animation now.     But I will in the future.

Hope this is of some help.  If you find something better please post back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report