Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't select single edge

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1319 Views, 1 Reply

can't select single edge

Don't know what  I deed, but can't select single edges. I have been working in a project for a while, I need to select a single edge to keep going,  but every time I select the edge It select the whole thing  instead. This is only for this item, because i can select the edges of new items.

thanks for your help

Don't want to start over.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

After you have selected the entire object, R click, select convert to Editable poly - 

Editable Poly is an editable object with five sub-object levels: vertex, edge, border, polygon, and element. Its usage is similar to that of an editable mesh object, with controls for manipulating an object as a polygon mesh at various sub-object levels. Rather than triangular faces, however, the poly object's faces are polygons with any number of vertices.

• Create or select an object. > Quad menu > Transform quadrant > Convert to > Convert to Editable Poly
  • Create or select an object. > Modify panel > Right-click the base object in the stack. > Choose Convert to: Editable Poly.

At the editable poly Edge sub-object level, you can select single and multiple edges and transform them using standard methods.

Another Tip - So many of these beginner questions can be solved easily by useing the 3DS Max help pages. ( and Google )

Good Luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report