Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't assign specific keyboard shortcut in Alt key - max2019

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jiyoung.shin
3555 Views, 9 Replies

Can't assign specific keyboard shortcut in Alt key - max2019

Hi.

Sorry for poor english 😞

I've been used 3dsMax for 10 years.

I'm using max2019 in Windows 10 now.

I assign keyboard shortcut Alt + C to Collapce in Editable Poly, and Shift + C to Cut.

01_ShortcutBug.png

But max2019 is working to Alt + C is Cut.

This is painful for me.

Another Bug.

When I run max2019 at first time, press Alt + any key is enable in Customize User Interface Hotkey: Input box.

But I using max2019 to working , max doesn't input Alt + "any key"

02_Input안됨.png

Max is very good program.

But  max have many bugs. many many bugs.. always.

Thank you for helping me

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi @jiyoung.shin,

Hope you are enjoying your stay in the forums!

It works on my system. I cannot reproduce the issue.

1: Ensure 3ds max is on 2019.2

2: Reset the preferences (instructions in my signature)

3: Test behaviour

Please let me know if that makes a difference?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Message 3 of 10

Hi, @raiden_xavier

Thank you for fast reply.

2019.2 Update

20181129_195751.png

I change ENU folder to ENU_old.

Max2019 is reset now

I assign Alt + C to collapse in Editable Poly.

But Alt + C execute Cut.

Message 4 of 10
Swordslayer
in reply to: jiyoung.shin

Message 5 of 10

Hi @jiyoung.shin

The issue is caused by the fact that we have some unfortunate duplication of commands in both the MainUI group, as well as some of the editable poly/edit poly groups. As @Swordslayer mentionned, when you have "Keyboard Shortcuts Override Toggle" set to "on", then the shortcuts inside the Editable Poly group will take precedence over the MainUI shortcuts. You've only made your Collapse command shortcut change in MainUI, I am confident that if make it in the Editable Poly and Edit Poly groups then you'll get the the behavior you desire.EditablePoly.PNG

Message 6 of 10

Thank you so mach @Swordslayer@brentscannell

Fixed it, It's my mistake.

Thank you again.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: brentscannell

Hello! I have similar problem with UI, but can't solve it as described. In my custom UI I have Alt+F12 (programmed on side mouse button) for Maximize Viewport Toggle it is fasten my workflow. In 2019 I've uploaded UI files saved from 2018. I see all charts are correct, I see shortcut assigned to MVT - Alt+W, Alt+F12 but it doesn't work. Neither I can Remove it - it isn't not assigning Alt+F12 back, neither I can change it - it just doesn't let. I suppose UI doesn't see F12 button at all, both from mouse and keyboard. On version 2018 my custom UI with F11, F12 buttons works smooth. Really tired of spending hours and hours in adjusting UI every time on every new version 😞 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok, it took few hours to figure out. Freaking Windows game bar overrides usage of Alt+ keys. Doesn't matter if it is enabled or disabled - only changing process priorities in regedit helps. And deinstall GeForce experience module also helped. Now Max interface can use Alt+Fn keys. 

Message 9 of 10
brentscannell

Hi @Anonymous

Would it be possible to attach your .kbdx file?

If you start from a the default configuration, are you able to assign the Alt+F12 shortcut to the desired action? I've tested the exact workflow on my system with 3ds Max 2019, and I have no issue assigning and using Alt+F12 for Maximize Viewport Toggle

Message 10 of 10
mrajendra2150

Can you share the registry entries to change... I uninstalled Geforce experience but that didnt help also the problem is caused after installing geforce experience.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report