Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I convert vray materials to standard?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
7547 Views, 4 Replies

Can I convert vray materials to standard?

Is there any option for converting vray materials into standard? I've seen the other way around but nothing to what I'm actually looking for. Do I have to create all the materials again from zero? thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
10DSpace
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

The Physical material or Arnold Material is a better match for a vray material than the standard material, particularly if you are using a PBR workflow.  You might find the Max docs link below helpful.  It includes a link to 2  different converter utilities for converting Vray materials to Physical materials or Arnold materials.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-convert-VRay-materials-to-Arnold-materials-for-rendering-in-3ds-Max.html

Message 3 of 5
lynn_zhang

Hello @Anonymous , welcome to Autodesk Community!

Just checking to see if your problem has been solved. Did the above response from @10DSpace X help answer your question? If yes, please click on the "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button in his reply so this helps other users in the community find the solution too. Thanks!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 4 of 5
maxtoolsQUR5M

To convert V-Ray materials to Standard materials, you can also use "V-RayMax Converter PRO"

Message 5 of 5
RobH2

I second that, "V-RayMax Convertr PRO" is really excellent, not very expensive and a life saver over the long haul. I've used it for years and could not function without it.  

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report