Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BOOT CAMP W10] Panning & Orbit keyboard- middle mouse shortcuts not working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
421 Views, 2 Replies

[BOOT CAMP W10] Panning & Orbit keyboard- middle mouse shortcuts not working

Hello everyone,

I'm a student, new to 3ds Max, so forgive me if Im asking something too obvious/stupid, but I asked my teacher before and he couldn't help me either so I'm kind of desperate with this matter.

I own no PC, so my first move was to run a W10 virtual machine with Parallels on the iMac in order to install Max and be able to work at home. The program ran and everything was ok, except for the panning and orbiting shorcuts (keyboard + mouse). I could only use this feature by clicking the lower-right bar icons. I tried to customize the shorcuts in Max but that didn't work. I also used these key equivalents because I have an Apple keyboard https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202676 but it didn't help either (then tried to ignore them, just in case, but nothing).

I thought it was a problem related to running Win and the program in a virtual machine, so instead I used Boot Camp to make a disk partition and installed W10 directly on it, doing the same with Max. But the same problem occurred.

I don't know if it's a driver problem (the keys work fine with other programs of the OS, though), or if I'm (probably) ignoring something too evident. So I beg for any help you can offer.

Thanks so much!!

Edit: Windows says keyboard driver is updated and fine

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

I've seen this come up with Parallels, but not so often with Boot Camp.  Can you tell me about your mouse?  Is it a standard PC mouse or is it an Apple mouse?  Did you install drivers for it?  If so, was there some sort of application that came with it?  (Logitech setpoint, etc.)

Is it basically your middle mouse button that isn't working?  (Pan/Orbit)

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on your issue?

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report