Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch render with 300 dpi?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
designproduto
342 Views, 3 Replies

Batch render with 300 dpi?

Hello everyone,

So, I know that we can do a 300 dpi render by using the Print Size Wizard, but, by doing these I can only do 1 render at once. (These is what i know, maybe i'm wrong.)

My question is, can I do a normal Batch render, multiple renders but all with 300 dpi?

Best regards,

Eduardo

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
K.W.J.P.
in reply to: designproduto

Don't know if I understand right, but you can render via animation (keyframing e.g. a camera along the time slider) or use the Menus: Rendering -> Batch Render. Dont mind so much about DPI: the final resolution af pixelamount is the important fact. If you renderin in DinA4 e.g. 72 dpi will result in different resolution then in 300dpi of course.

Message 3 of 4

Thank you, I want the images in 300 dpi for printing.

I just figured it out! I can setup the batch render and in the Render Output save in TIF, go to setup and then I can chose the dpi of the TIF file.

Message 4 of 4
K.W.J.P.
in reply to: designproduto

you can leave it even at 150 or 72 dpi, as long the amounts of pixel are the same. The outpus size in cm or inch will be different. but that do not belong here in 3d renderoutput so far.

100 dpi at 2500x3500 Pixels is simply 3 times bigger in physical printsize than having 300dpi at 2500x3500 Pixels. It depends finally then on printer technique. Of course Print File Assistant is a good way to figure out how much pixels is need. the amount will be by pressing transfer to render setup copied to RenderSetups´s outputsize. From here you can forget about being aware of what dpi is up to.
So no need to change values in the tifs setup, ( I think it will always show 300dpi by default.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report