Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backburner Server Group priority

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
882 Views, 0 Replies

Backburner Server Group priority

I set up a render farm at work recently with Backburner 2015. Currently testing with server groups. I created a global server group with "High" group weight, "Can Use Non-Group Servers" and "Suspend Current Non-Group Jobs" both checked. From what I understand reading the documentation... Jobs submitted to a group should have the highest priority (except "Critical"), servers in the group will be assigned to the group job, then any idle non-group servers assigned. Jobs submitted to "All Servers" have lowest priority, as group servers have to finish group jobs before processing non-group jobs.

however in practice, the opposite appears to be the case... "All Servers" jobs have highest priority, all servers, group or non-group are assigned. Group jobs are processed after "All Servers" jobs finish, and they only get Group-Servers while Non-Group servers remain idle. 

Exception being "Critical" jobs, which are processed in order submitted by manager, respecting Group/Non-Group server division.

Is there some setting I missed? If Group Jobs have lower priority than All-Servers Jobs, what's the point of having Groups? Anyone can submit a job to All Servers and get ahead of the line of people submitting to Groups. It will escelate to everyone submitting their Jobs as "Critical". Completely defeating the point of creating server groups and any job processing prioritization at all.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report