Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk didin't want to help - Long saving problem in 2011 HELP

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
888 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk didin't want to help - Long saving problem in 2011 HELP

Hello

I have problem with 3dsmax 2011. The scene saves for a very long time. I attached the file with just one box which should save in a blink, but it take about 3-4 min. Another scenes saves even longer. 

I tried cleaners and this script:

while (numNoteTRacks TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager > 0) do deleteNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager (getNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager 1)

(noteracks = 0)

but it didn't help. In addition, saving same file in max 2012 is fine. 

Also there are no colisions in reactor.

I tried to call Autodesk, but they refused to help and send me to the distributor... I have 7 licences and what? Please HELP me.

Please help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
spacefrog_
in reply to: Anonymous

You scene is "infected" with the note track problem. But not the usual one which generates loads of note tracks in the Max_MotionClip_Manager, which you tested for, but one that generates them in the Anim_Layer_Control_Manager.

The Cleaner script does'nt look there

You can see them in the Trackview under the global node "Anim Layer Control Manager".

How they got there i don't know - Is this a fresh scene ?

Anyways the number of note tracks in there is insanly high ( 191726 ), which you can get by entering "numNoteTracks TrackViewNodes.Anim_Layer_Control_Manager" in the listener

To fix the issue using your script simply replace every Max_MotionClip_Manager occurance with Anim_Layer_Control_Manager and the script should work...

But that will take a while ...

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: spacefrog_

Realy realy thx!!!

IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!!

I couldnt find that fix anywehere.

I'm making large scenes, and even copy the camera make that problem. 

Now i found this problem in some other objects and now i can fixed them.

Big thanks one more time.

Message 4 of 5
spacefrog_
in reply to: Anonymous

You're welcome 😉 

After i cleared your scene, i noticed that there are some Animation Layers in the scene. Don't know if this is intended or come from an import, from your "maxstart.max" file or anywhere else.

But i have heard from other people that Animation Layers caused problems in general ( don't know if it was that Note Track problem though ...). So maybe it would be best to get rid of them in your scenes ....

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: spacefrog_

Hi again

I believe that you have good point with Animation layers

My other file saves very long and its not node problem

The file contains a lot of empty parameters under: Track View -> Anim Layer Control Manager -> Anim Layers

But i cannot delete them.

Any idea how to remove them ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report