Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application error (3d max 2025)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
maksym_sokolov_ar_2022
417 Views, 3 Replies

Application error (3d max 2025)

New to the 3d Max. Got license as a student.

After I instaled program, I saved the easiest file and can't open it again. It says:

"An error has occurred and the application will now close. No scene changes have occurred since your last save"

I tried clean deleting of 3d max and download updates from autodesk site, but it didn't help. 

I would be very grateful of any suggestions.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

Here are some quick steps to fix the 3ds Max 2025 error:

Reset Preferences:
Rename the folder C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2025 - 64bit.
Update Graphics Drivers:
Ensure your graphics card drivers are up to date.
Change Display Driver:
Go to Customize > Preferences > Viewports and change the display driver.
Disable Plugins:
Rename plugin files in the stdplugs folder.
Merge Instead of Open:
Use File > Merge to recover objects from the file.
Run as Administrator:
Right-click the 3ds Max shortcut and select “Run as administrator”.

Hope this work for you.
Best regards,
Florence Gayhart
Official Site

Message 3 of 4

Seems like your file got corrupted.  Are you working off a thumb drive?  (If so, do not do that, it's risky.)  You can try to File->Import->Merge the contents into a new scene.  If you can see any of the objects in the merge menu, that means that possibly one of your objects is corrupted.  Attempting to import that object will likely crash the import, but you can salvage your other parts. 

But if the scene is so simple it's not worth salvaging, and you are not working off something like a thumb drive, possibly you need to reboot your machine.  Perhaps there's a copy of 3dsmax in your task manager that is locked up or interfering.  

Beyond that, my best guess is your drive has a bad sector or the file was closed before it was done saving.  You can check the autobacks to see if any of them open.  If none of them do, then something is up on the system level.   This article may help you.  

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 4

Hello,
Thank you for the reply. I tried everything and only thing that kinda worked is opening with Merge.
Even though, It didn't solve the problem of error to appear, but now I can at least continue learning 3d max.
Thank you for your help,
Best wishes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report