Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to convert Corona and Vray materials to standard?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Mandrake19
2005 Views, 5 Replies

Any way to convert Corona and Vray materials to standard?

Hello.

Is there any way to convert Corona materials to standard materials?

I need to convert both legacy and physical Corona materials. There are also Vray materials in scene, so I wanted to have a way to immediately convert all materials and maps into standard ones, so that I could export the scene to other software that understands standard 3dsmax materials.

I haven't found any working methods. I just ask you not to suggest UMC, i tried it and didn't like the result, because then i had to create all the materials again from scratch.

Labels (5)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxtoolsQUR5M
in reply to: Mandrake19

Hello,

To convert Corona and V-Ray materials to standard materials, you can use the converter "V-RayMax Converter Pro" (or on Scriptspot). This converter supports converting both CoronaLegacyMtl and CoronaPhysicalMtl materials to standard materials, and you can choose whether to convert CoronaPhysicalMtl - to simply Standard material or Physical Material. Among other things, this converter has many different additional options and functions. On the converter's website you can read in detail, and you can also ask clarifying questions to the developers.

Message 3 of 6
Mandrake19
in reply to: maxtoolsQUR5M

Hello. Thanks for the answer.

It is look like what i need, but I didn't know about it before.

I'll look into the information on the linked site and try it out.
Then I’ll write when I check it.

Message 4 of 6
Mandrake19
in reply to: maxtoolsQUR5M

Hello.
I am writing to thank you again for your advice. I bought this tool and tested it on my files. This is exactly what I needed!

It's a pity that I didn't know about this converter earlier. I have tried different converters, but this converter has many advantages over others, the main one being batch processing of files and the ability to use it together with third-party scripts. It also supports converting corona randomizer and vray randomizer maps, which is not available in other converters.

Overall, I can recommend this tool to other users who need an accurate and correct converter with many additional features!

Message 5 of 6
maxtoolsQUR5M

I'm glad my advice was helpful to you!

Message 6 of 6
Phil_Morgan

I confirm what was written above, the converter "V-RayMax Converter PRO" is currently the best tool for converting scenes from one render engine to another. They also recently added converting V-Ray materials to glTF material, which has been very useful for my workflow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report