Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DsMax Perfomance Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
anderson.merten
399 Views, 4 Replies

3DsMax Perfomance Issue

Hey guys, how are you today?

So, i would really thank you guys if you could help me solve this one.

I've been using 3DsMax for sometime and this never happened before.

The thing is: I open it and start modeling, no problems yet. But when i click to render and then cancel the render, the 3DsMax gets really, really slow. I think the problem is with my video card. I already updated all the drivers but it is still happening. Like after i cancel the rendering the video card stops communicating with the software. I'm a student and i have to send my project in 2 weeks, this cannot happen right now. (Hahahah desperate)

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

has the VGA card been recommend and certified by autodesk? or is this just a standard video game card?

here are the recommend and certified https://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/3dsmax2018_GFX_ResultsSept2017.pdf

have you tried what the event viewer log says?

what is the amount of ram do you have in your computer and how big is your scene?

Message 3 of 5
timd1971
in reply to: anderson.merten

post ALL of your PC specs including version of 3ds max and if all updates applied.

Message 4 of 5

Hey guys, thank you for your answer. 

My PC specs (laptop):

I7 6700HQ 2.6Hz

16GB RAM DDR4

512GB SSD

GTX 960M 4GB

I'm using 3DsMax 2017 and i think it's not updated, i downloaded it maybe 1 year ago, never did any update.

Adding one more important information: I just tried it with my older models and it looks like it doesn't happen with them, only with this special one. Im gonna import it again and try once more.

Message 5 of 5

a year ago is to long to have updated max, so i would update it, did you fix your problem when you reimported it?.have you tried exporting it as a FBX file and reimporting your file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report