Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dsmax 2013 freezes after rendering

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2523 Views, 6 Replies

3dsmax 2013 freezes after rendering

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before.

I have a large landscape scene and I have used multiscatter to distribute my proxie trees and shrubs. For some strange reason after I do a test render the Vray messages dialog box freezes and 3dsmax doesn't respond, I have to then force quit 3dsmax which is very annoying!

I am using 3dsamx 2013 with Vray 3.0, am also using multiscatter and populate terrian plugins.

Would really appreciate any advise, or if anyone out there knows of a solution I would be very grateful. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
office
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this. Manually make approximately the same number of scattered proxies as your scattering plug-in does and delete the scattering objects belonging to the plug-ins. if your render proceeds normally without freezing then your scattering plug-ins are likely to be the culprit.

3ds Max subscription customer since 2010
| Max 2022.1 | AMD Threadripper 3970X 32-core | 64GB RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB | NVMe SSD Samsung 960 Pro | Win10 Pro x64 | Nvidia Driver 466.47
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

when your rendering freezes? at the end? ("Rendering image... Done") ?

i got similar

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-3ds-max-design-forum/3dsmax-freezes-after-render-end/m-p/65718...

any clues?

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

@office has some good advice here, testing roughly the same number of polygons on non-multiscatter geo would let you know if multi-scatter is causing this issue.  Also, Vray is up to 3.4 now, so it may be an issue specifically with Vray 3.0 and the version of multi-scatter you and @Anonymous are using.  You do both have that in common. I'm guessing there is something up with that plugin combination.  

I did do a test without the multiscatter on that other thread and I was able to render the frame without a freeze.  I tried in Vray 3 and 3.4.  Please let me know if you find that it is a problem with Multiscatter.

Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question. This lets me know that I was effective in helping you, and thank you for doing so.

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

I wanted to follow up here, it does look like this is a problem with Vray 3.0 and multiscatter.  Upgrading to Vray 3.2 seems to fix this issue, please let me know if that does not work for you.  You could also use something other than multiscatter as a workaround. 

Best Regards,

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

try to update MultiScatter

new version has been recently posted with several bug fixed and improvements

Message 7 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Thanks for the information @Anonymous, nice to know.  It's a fantastic plugin!

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report