Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Official Feedback Community (Beta) Application

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Kelly_Michels
4118 Views, 19 Replies

3ds Max Official Feedback Community (Beta) Application

3ds_Max_lockup_1line_800px.png

Hello all!

We are now accepting applications for the 3ds Max Feedback Community (formerly beta)! 

You benefit from being a 3ds Max Feedback Community member by being able to: 

• Try out the latest 3ds Max features being developed
  • Talk directly to the 3ds Max team
  • Help make 3ds Max even better
  • Log defects you encounter

Please click the following link to apply!
https://feedback.autodesk.com/key/3dsMaxBetaApplication

Once you apply it can take up to up to 48 hours to be added to the community if your application is approved.

Please reply here or contact me directly if you have any questions or comments.  Do not log-in with the above link if you are already a member of the 3ds Max Feedback Community.

Kelly Michels
3ds Max Senior QA
3ds Max Feedback Community Manager
ECP Division Feedback Community Administrator
kelly.michels@autodesk.com
Labels (2)
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
veliop01
in reply to: Kelly_Michels

15657244517372950690672088283533.jpg

Every time i open 3ds max this is what it shows me i cant see half of the thing clearly

Message 3 of 20
jamestomk

I there a reason I cannot select a product ("3ds Max"!) in the "Submit an Idea" area?

This link:

Capture 0.PNG

takes me to a posting where there is an emptry Product/Category-select drop-select, thereby prohibiting me from submitting my idea.

Used to work.  But is now broken.

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 20
brentscannell
in reply to: jamestomk

Hi @jamestomk 

I am seeing the same thing. I will report to our forum admin staff and hopefully we'll get this resolved soon.

I did do a quick test and notice that despite the red (*), the field is not actually mandatory. If you have the 3ds Max ideas board selected (pre-populated option), it'll end up in the right place.

Message 5 of 20
K.W.J.P.
in reply to: veliop01

I encountered the same problem while using the VrayLightlister. Someone at the ChaosForum there asked me if I am using custom DPI on Windows itself, which was the Case. I had put it to 100% back and it was fine again. Strangely, the rest of the UI has always worked fine so far.  Your font size is also looking quite bigger as usual.

Autodesk is not able to make a usable UI DPI Zoom factor in 3D Max. Even Maya and not to mention Blender are doing a great Job here. Q: Is the developer team of Maya preferred? Or why is this in 3D Max so difficult. The great chance while making floating windows in 3D Max may be was an excellent chance to jump on that Train - butt missed it.

Message 6 of 20
K.W.J.P.
in reply to: veliop01

sry double post

Message 7 of 20
info2KD9N

Does anyone know if 3ds max for macOS already exists in beta status?

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: info2KD9N

of course not

why would you think that?

Message 9 of 20
info2KD9N

Yes, because I want to work in macOS, and not in Windows.
Plus, Apple has developed a convenient system for porting Windows applications to the macOS environment.
Already started to transfer games and programs.

Message 10 of 20
Anonymous

join the beta

Message 11 of 20
info2KD9N

I have already sent a request for beta testing and I'm really looking forward to the macOS version

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous

who said there will be a MAC version?

your expectations are just because Apple announces something that every software developer will actually port over their software

Message 13 of 20
K.W.J.P.
in reply to: brentscannell

LOL .. this is very typical for Autodesk... I don't know what some guys are doing there, but making things worsening better, is a kinda decreasing profession that goes around over there. You can see and feel it everywhere!  😄

Message 14 of 20
info2KD9N
in reply to: K.W.J.P.

on the one hand, this is very sad, on the other hand, I actually think 3ds max should be on macos.
I don’t know how, but I would be happy to help Autodesk in this matter.

Message 15 of 20
K.W.J.P.

AD can only help itself. It´s working less effectively and is suffering on Waterheads, jiggling the floors around, not realizing what to do right and wrong. Especially the wrong side is well overseen, since.. yeah. Who wants to see that, when salary is fine!??  😄   I see the same mirror in the development of 3D Max.

Message 16 of 20
info2KD9N

I understand you )
But on the one hand, 3ds max is my main working program and I can work extremely quickly in it. On the other hand, I am extremely uncomfortable working in Windows. If earlier, when macbooks were on Intel processors, I can set up parallel and work there in 3dmax, then in modern macs there is no such possibility.
And I'm just going crazy. I really don't like working on Windows.
On the other hand, learning another program like blender is a huge way to reach my level and work speed.

Message 17 of 20
K.W.J.P.

I also think about biting in the sour apple (that just a wordplay by chance! :D) and try to move to Blender slowly step by step. Maybe parallel development on blender and my small progression - simply summed up over time,  will tight up in something that makes me feel like being efficient the same way as today. Blender is definitly a player, that our Waterhead will not see over here. So, ancient history had some examples to teach. But no one will listen... 😃

Message 18 of 20
info2KD9N

Yes, but I have already started to master the blender)
I set myself a plan to fully master it by the end of the year.
And if 3ds max doesn't appear for macos, I'll tell him goodbye!!! GOODBYE!

Message 19 of 20

Once you apply it can take up to up to 48 hours to be added to the community if your application is approved.
Message 20 of 20

910643296_0-1714140647768.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report