Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max is so busy that I cannot reenter its GUI

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
480 Views, 2 Replies

3ds Max is so busy that I cannot reenter its GUI

Now that I am (finally! Thanks to you, folks) able to perform renderings -of static images and very short videos- I have a very annoying problem. See image:

Is it possible to regain access?Is it possible to regain access?

TIA,

-Ramon F. Herrera
JFK Numbers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
10DSpace
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Rendering is extremely resource intensive and even if you manage to get back into max while it is going on, you would not be able to do anything useful because of very sluggish (if any,) viewport performance.  You can abort a render usually by hitting escape, but I don' think that's what you are asking.  Best strategy is to get your work done during the the day and plan your long renders for over night or for a long lunch break, etc.  Check out the documentation on "Batch Render" in the Rendering Menu for how to set up multiple renders for an overnight render.   

The other point to consider is whether you are rendering for just a quick look at what you have so far in your scene (in which case you can lower the quality settings of your renderer to get a quicker render or whether you are rendering your final render (in which case case, you are stuck with having to wait for it to finish.)

An unfortunate fact of 3D work is having to plan your work around rendering.  

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: 10DSpace

I found another solution: NEVER, EVER close the 3ds Max window.

-Ramon
JFK Numbers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report