Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max File size huge

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
pitchritch
25510 Views, 2 Replies

3ds Max File size huge

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone out there can help. I have recently started having an issue with 3ds Max 2013 (with vray) in that my file sizes have started to rocket. There seems to be some kind of Phantom data getting into my scenes. So much so that my current project has a file size of 1.7GB! I've tried the usual, opening a fresh scene and merging, or new file with or without hierarchy etc. but with no difference (New file always crashes in the process). FBX out does work but I can only do it to parts of scenes and lose too much info.

The other odd thing is that if I save a selected item from one of these scenes it to is also huge, a simple vray plane comes out at around 380MB but when FBXed out it reduces to 41kb. I have no real animation in the scenes (apart from a few motion blurred people figures) and no complex geometry to speak of. I've seen posts talking about collisions and cleaning scripts but so far no joy. Apologies for the long post but it's driving me nuts! Any help would be greatly apprehicated! Cheers, Rich

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pitchritch
in reply to: pitchritch

Hi Again,

Just thought I'd post this as I've just found an old post with the fix! Thanks MaxStation The script link below has saved my bacon! 

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/maxstation/n49_overly_large_max_files_or_scenes_that_take_up_a_lot_of...

It reduced a 1 GB file down to 650MB which now also closes with having to us task manager to end process.

Thanks again Max Station!

Cheers,

Rich

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pitchritch

Hi Team

I have 3dsmax file size with 200 MB. when i am exporting to dwg size get increased to 1.2GB. Please help me to reduce dwg file size.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report