Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max error, can not open file!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2951 Views, 3 Replies

3ds Max error, can not open file!

Hi community! I working with 3dsmax file that i import from Sketch up. It work ok until it stop and i can not open again. Everytime i open file it pop up like attached image.How can i fix it and what do to take my file again? Thank you!ScreenHunter_174 May. 15 09.26.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No one help me 😞

Message 3 of 4
spacefrog_
in reply to: Anonymous

Noone can help you with that without knowing exactly whats going on

You can try to merge parts of the scene into a new empty scene, one chunk after the other, and do so until Max crashes on a specific object. If that object in question is indeed defective, you have now identified the problem and can try to merge everything into a fresh scene except the one object that previously caused the crash. Though the crash might really happen because something else and you will looose the object and your render setup with that procedure...

Best way in such cases is always posting the scene and let people check if it crashes for them too, and mabye they eve would find a fix/workaround which would'nt loose your scene setup ( which you'll loose when doing the merge procedure )

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 4 of 4

I have to save all my scenes with the wire-frame or clay display. New, or old, MAX will crash otherwise. If I have an old scene, or I forget to save in wire-frame or clay, I have to merge.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report