Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3ds Max Bible

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2074 Views, 3 Replies

3ds Max Bible

Hi there! I am a beginner in 3ds Max and would like to know if you guys would recommend using Kelly Murdock's 3ds Max Bible 2014 for practicing in 3ds Max 2018? I mean, is there a huge difference or I would be fine using this "old" Bible? If it helps, I'm an interior designer and I'm starting from scratch (no previous knowledge in Max except some basics).

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I personally find step-by-step instructions in books for tutorials quite confusing when videos are quite straightforward. You spend some time trying to understand what the writer mean to say as we lose the interface interaction.

The Online help of Max is good and there are numerous courses (Lynda etc) and Youtube channels about Max (Autodesk 3ds Max channel etc).

From point of view of being outdated, that is Max from 2013. The main difference is the renderer and materials associated. But there  have been changes in booleans, UV editor interface etc. Nothing dramatic anyway.

Message 3 of 4
Daf
Advisor
in reply to: Anonymous

Right - another vote for online documentation and video tutorials. I used to buy the bibles when they came out - over time I read less and less in favor of the emerging online offerings. ๐Ÿ™‚

3DS Max 2020.3
i7-4790 @4GHz โ€ข 32GB โ€ข GTX 1080/8GB โ€ข Windows 7 Pro
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Daf

i will say that i own a 3ds max 2009 bible as well as a 2015 training manual from the institution i learnt 3d from, they can teach you the basics of 3ds max but they won't teach you the new stuff, so do keep that in mind if you plan to purchase any 3ds max training books

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report