Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2024 New Slate Material Editor bug

85 REPLIES 85
SOLVED
Message 1 of 86
krll_3dsmax
13106 Views, 85 Replies

3ds max 2024 New Slate Material Editor bug

The "Show material in the viewport" button on the SME Main ToolBar does not work, there are no Realistic and Shaded display modes

krll_3dsmax_0-1681290349779.png

85 REPLIES 85
Message 81 of 86
fixonu4
in reply to: objectdreams

This thread is not about that.

Message 82 of 86
objectdreams
in reply to: fixonu4

But anyway let me know, coz you will make my life more calm once I haven't installed 25 version yet...

Message 83 of 86
RobH2
in reply to: krll_3dsmax

I hear you. Everyone has feelings about how the Max Development Bus should be driven. I get that.

We all use Max differently and some defects affect others more - especially if that defect affects their workflow. To be in a state where I'm calm and happy I just imagine a world "without" Max. I wouldn't be able to make a living. I use a lot of other programs to do my work as well. All of them have issues here and there. From my perspective, the thing to do is use it, report issues, use it more and finish and get paid and move on. That keeps me sane. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 84 of 86
cjwidd
in reply to: krll_3dsmax

This thread is pretty incredible - the original post is from more than a *year* ago and a hot fix was never deployed to resolve the issue. This feature is a core aspect of the SME implementation, and I'm not really sure how an oversight of this magnitude could elude QA, never mind subsequent rounds of release versions.

According to some comments, the issue is resolved in Max 2025, but as other users have indicated, there is not widespread support from the third party application ecosystem for that version.

This thread does not represent a proportional response from Autodesk, and the most reasonable solution would be to back port a hot fix for Max 2024, if indeed the issue is resolved in Max 2025.

Message 85 of 86
JasonLuckett
in reply to: cjwidd

It'll be because no-one from the 3dsmax team ever/rarely visits this forum of theirs. It's called corporate profits over customer service / satisfaction. You'll get super-users kindly helping but not the devs or people that matter.

Now equate that with Vray, forest pack, numerous other software companies and you get your answer, bloated out of touch company.

Message 86 of 86

My dear friend, please answer. Will there be a fix for this bug in 3ds max 2024 or not?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report