Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2021 update 2. Select polygons inside an object???

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1321 Views, 3 Replies

3ds max 2021 update 2. Select polygons inside an object???

How to select back polygons after update ???
Previously, I could easily select a polygon behind another by double-clicking the left mouse button. After updating, now when double-clicking on a polygon, it selects all polygons along the loop, and not the polygon that is behind it. It drives me crazy and makes editing polygons inside the object inconvenient.

2020-10-10_164522.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Still no replies on this ? 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

This is an update error, I found out about this in the update description. I am giving up on 3ds max and switching to Blender. 0 support on the forum. 0 support from autodesk. The high cost of the program for untested and unstable updates, without support. It takes a long time to release a fix or hotfix.

Issue: If a vertex, edge, or face point overlaps with another when working with edit poly/editable poly, only the closest point will be picked when you click on it. You will not be able to cycle through the overlapping points by clicking in the same spot, as you normally would. Workaround: Rotate the view and click on the desired point. MAXX-58907

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

That's awesome, I wish I came up with that simple workaround 😀. Other selection methods like loop polygons are also changed but I managed to find the answer somewthere in Autodesk's forums. This one is a constant issue now. I hope Autodesk will start listening to users and make Max great again 😀. For me, the only thing stopping me from switching are plugins and models that are Max oriented. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report