Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2019 window maximization without permission and stopping my work

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
413 Views, 4 Replies

3DS Max 2019 window maximization without permission and stopping my work

Hi,

This always was happening with Photoshop, when I click open, and meanwhile, for example I'm typing in Word, after each opening phase Photoshop is covering my other work and windows, which is really annoying. Now that happens again with Max 2019. With Max 2018, that never was a case. Today I left some quick batch renders in max, for some thumbnails, each render of 30 sec, and after each start, Max was popping in front of all windows, interrupting all my work. I was so annoyed, that I has to close Max. 

Is there any option to leave Max 2019 Minimized, to avoid interruptions when I use other apps and programs? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jibijib
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think I have this - what is it doing exactly? Is it popping up and taking focus?

I know Photoshop does this, or used to, it was very annoying. Progs seem to think they need to take focus from the user when they complete a task (opening a file etc). I'm pretty sure it's a 100% windows thing - I bet you could change this using something like TweakUI (or whatever it's called on Windows 10).

Message 3 of 5
jibijib
in reply to: jibijib
Message 4 of 5
darawork
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

There are some command line switches here, notibly the -ms switch:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/3DSMa...

Also, as mentioned above, there are some 3rd party Windows tweakers that help out in this situation. I use this one to control the visibility of some applications: https://windowtop.info/

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jibijib

Hi, and thanks for you response!

The thing is that while I'm batch rendering furniture pieces for thumbnails, 30sec each image, and if for example I try to make presentation in Power point, or simply watch a movie, Max is poping up after each end and start of render (will not do that, only if I leave it maximized, obviously). I rad some articles on internet, but as it's difficult to describe the problem, I really had no succes in finding solution. 

I will check your articles!!

Thanks 😄 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report