Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2017 Vray

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
47879 Views, 28 Replies

3ds max 2017 Vray

Hello sir  my name is sandeep iam a 3d designer in dubai  5 day before iam updated my  3ds max 2016 to 17 performance and  working  is awesome but iam in a trouble there is no vray avilable for 2017  iam using V-ray Adv 3.30.05 Orginal version when vray for 3ds max 2017 will availabe please help me .

Tags (1)
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
RobH2
in reply to: Anonymous

V-Ray updates for Max are released by Chaos Group, the developer of V-Ray as soon as they get them ready. They take a month or two sometimes before they release them. Autodesk has no control over it. 

As excited as I get about each new arrival of Max, over the years I've resorted to waiting 3-months to install it so that the needed 3rd-party updates are available. If I install it right away I'm both tempted by it and frustrated by it. I can play with the new features but not use it for production. So I just wait. 

The slowest vendor to update drivers is 3DConnexion. It takes them forever to release drivers for the Space Pilot and other navigating devices. I know there is a beta program for Max. I can't understand why these preferred vendors can't be given nearly final versions of Max a few months ahead of time so they can go ahead and update their drivers. That just seems to make sense. However, for some reason, it does not occur. 

We feel your pain brother....  🙂

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: RobH2

Hi sandeep,

V-Ray 3.4 for 3ds Max 2017 is now available for download.

V-Ray 3.4 adds support for 3ds Max 2017 including initial support for the new Physical Material and HiDPI scaling of the V-Ray Frame Buffer. V-Ray RT now supports MultiTile and ColorMap.

Thanks and Regards

Karan Singh

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous

Hi karan,

Thanku for your Information iam Already got this working good,but vray cam is missing now am using plugin for crating camera idont familiar with physical camera with vray if you know about any tutorial for that  please refer me also.

thank you 

sandeep

Message 5 of 29
Ihno

HI,
You can still create the vray cam; type this in your MAxScript Listener: vrayCreateVRayPhysicalCamera()

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Ihno

Thanku sir  

the script is amazing easy to create camera thank you so much . iam facing another problem in max 2017  my camera and vray plane showing small icon 

iam attaching the image so you can easy to identify the problem iam using vray 3.4

Please give me a solution 

thanks and Regards 

sandeep 

Message 7 of 29
Ihno

Hm... I don't know, you should post this in the Chaos Group forum or send a mail to their support.
Usually you get an answer within one day.

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous

has anyone found vray for max 2017 other than the demo version? Demo has limitations

Message 9 of 29
Ihno

I "guess" you're not asking for a pirate copy in the offical AD Forum.........
You can simply download it from the Chaos Group webside... Buy a licence if you don't have one already.
And than you can simply download the version for 2017:
https://accounts.chaosgroup.com/?return_to=https://download.chaosgroup.com/login?original_url=aHR0cH...

Message 10 of 29
Anonymous

LOL now that would be funny! No I have a vray liscence. When i go to Chaos site the only download available for max 2016 and 2017 are demo versions. Chaos is now telling me that there records show that I have only a v-ray 2.0 license. I was told at time of purchase that I would be able to get upgrades as max upgraded. Now I am concerned that I laid out $1000,00 for software i have never used.

Message 11 of 29
Ihno

markr schrieb:

LOL now that would be funny! No I have a vray liscence.

Haha, ok I'm sorry. Your question sounded pretty odd to me.

markr schrieb:

Now I am concerned that I laid out $1000,00 for software i have never used.

But you should use it! Vray is a monster compared with 3ds max native renderes. Especially the 3.x.

They charge 300€ for a workstation licence ubgrade. Don't know the dollar price though.
But if you have a render farm you'd have to buy rendernode licenses.
But again, Vray is worth every penny imo. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous

Thanks I will look into it. So looks like i may need to shell out another 319 bucks. I need to make myself use vray. I just always thought that MR or quicksilver would work i just needed to know more of what i was doing.

Just as a side note I take a lot of pride of the fact that out of the $10,000.00 worth of software I have and use I have none that is pirated. I almost wish Chaos had a free distribution and only take royalties as you make money from the use of the product. Similar to the way Unreal is doing it.

Thanks for you input

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous

Chaos got back with me and said that I would need to upgrade to 3.0 Have they made leaps and bounds since 2.0? I downloaded phoenixfd vray 30. demo and it looks pretty cool but none of my render engines will render any of it. Will vray 3.4 come with this?

Message 14 of 29
Ihno

markr schrieb:

Chaos got back with me and said that I would need to upgrade to 3.0 Have they made leaps and bounds since 2.0? Like can you do liquids, smoke, fire and better particles? Things like that?

They added countless improvements and features since 2.0.

Some of the most important:
You use MR, so you have to fiddle with all the sample parameters in the materials and lights. In Vray it was called subdivisions.
No need for that anymore, it does that job automatically. Which saves alot(!!!) of time.

Brute Force GI is way quicker now.

Progressive rendering,
Which lets you see the whole image from the begining of the rendering (much like Iray)

Denoiser:
A Render Element which helps to reduce the rendertime by denoising the final image.

3.5 is right around the corner and it adds IPR Rendering so you can use the CPU version of vray like active shade.

Also 3.5 will have an adaptive lights option which lets you render scenes with hundreds of lights a fraction of the time required now.

For fluids they have another plugin which is quite understandable because it has nothing to do with rendering.
So you'd need to buy it seperately. Take a look at the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew5-7lwc9GM
It is alot of fun and eats alot of my sparetime Smiley Wink
Vray 3.x will works perfectly with phoenix.

But fluits are hard to use in production because of the time they need to simulate. This is a problem in every fluid simulator not just Phoenix.
Message 15 of 29
Anonymous

Thanks for the info!

Message 16 of 29
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Vray is great, hands down.  3.0 is much better than 2.0, and with 3.4 you don't even have to know much about it to get good renders.  Nothing bad to say about Chaosgroup or Vray, great stuff!  

Best Regards,

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

well I must be sold on vray. I just upgraded. lol

thanks for all you input!

Message 18 of 29
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

Given all of our discussions about rendering and lighting over the past few months, I think you'll be happy.  The support forums for Chaosgroup are pretty great as well.

Best Regards,

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous

Thank you sir iam already got vray for 2017 3Ds max now iam update to 3.5
Beta enjoying my rendering and new 3Ds max interface also thanx for the
support
Message 20 of 29
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report