Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2016 rendering issues

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
8937 Views, 18 Replies

3ds Max 2016 rendering issues

Greetings,

I have downloaded 3ds 2016 with vray 3.20.02.

I designed an entire interior of a bathroom with all the lights and materials but when I click render all my objects render out as merged 😕

So instead I open a new file and placed very simple objects to see how the rendering goes, still they render out as merged/one object.

3.jpg

2.jpg

No matter what pervious finished project file I open in 3ds max 2016 I get the same results.

Also in many files, it does not even render what shows in my view port, instead it renders objects that I had scaled down (once merged) and rotated in my view port at their original scale and position, covering the entire space.

4.jpg

1.jpg

where am I going wrong? what settings should I look at?

Please help!

I have attached images for reference:/ 

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
PROH
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. It's important to find out if this is a Max problem or a Vray problem. Vray is a 3rd party product, so could you please try to se if Max's own renderer (Scanline & Mental Ray) does the same. If so, it's probaply a Max issue. If not, then it's a Vray issue.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: PROH

Thank you so much for the quick response. I put default materials and set the renderer as scanline. You are right, they render just fine.

So my problem is with vray but excatly what I do not know 😞 

Everything looks perfect in the viewport. How can vray merge all my objects? what settings should I be looking at?

Message 4 of 19
PROH

Hi. I'm not using Vray, so I can't help you there. But try renamimg your post headline (i.e. "3dsMax 2016 Vray rendering issue") and see if people using Vray would respond, or go to Chaos Groups forum to find a solution.

Hope it helps

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: PROH

I really appriciate your help and suggestions. May good fortune follow you 😃 

For now I redid my project in a pervious version of 3dsmax with vray 2 ( Thanks be to God that I did not uninstall it ) 

It's on render! yaaaaaay!

I will try asking else where and try to find the problem my self too.
When I find a solution, I will post it here.

Thank you so much

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous

Hello, I had a great interior preset in v-ray 3.20.03 in 3ds max 2016, but accidentally this happens (photo) and I cannot solve it. Can anybody give me an advise?

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous

sorry, but I have the same problem and do not know how to fix it. If you know can you tell me how to fix it. As I have understood it is a problem between the version of the program and Windows 10
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous

the problem I'm facing is that when I render an image, two copies of the same shot are rendering as one image in one port/window.

How to fix this please?

Screenshot_7.jpg

Message 9 of 19
PROH

Hi. Looks like you are rendering in stereo. If that's not what you want, then disable "stereo".

Hope it helps

3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 10 of 19
Anonymous

Hi
did you find the solution am also facing same issue
regards
rasheed

Message 11 of 19
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello all,

I've read through the thread and this issue seems to be caused by Vray.  Or at least, every instance of this issue I've seen has been with Vray.  The best bet is to go to the Chaosgroup forums and ask for help there, Vlado is very helpful and will resolve your issue.  There isn't much I can do here at Autodesk about 3rd party rendering issues, so please check the Chaosgroup forums. 

Note, this is not a problem between Max and Windows 10, it's specifically related to the Vray renderer. 

Best Regards,

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous

Did you solve your problem its happening to me as well ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Greetings,

I have downloaded 3ds 2016 with vray 3.20.02.

I designed an entire interior of a bathroom with all the lights and materials but when I click render all my objects render out as merged 😕

So instead I open a new file and placed very simple objects to see how the rendering goes, still they render out as merged/one object.

3.jpg

2.jpg

No matter what pervious finished project file I open in 3ds max 2016 I get the same results.

Also in many files, it does not even render what shows in my view port, instead it renders objects that I had scaled down (once merged) and rotated in my view port at their original scale and position, covering the entire space.

4.jpg

1.jpg

where am I going wrong? what settings should I look at?

Please help!

I have attached images for reference:/ 

EDIT: Looks like the HTML got weird and there was a triple quote here, fixed it up!  - Alfred

Message 13 of 19
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

You should direct this issue to the Chaosgroup forums as it's a Vray issue.  

Best Regards,

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

This is a common problem between the two companies ... and you must find a solution to it and not our role to do so.

Best Regards

Message 15 of 19
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

You are incorrect.  This is not a common problem and not something Autodesk could fix because it's a plugin made by another company.  

What do you think might be the cause of this problem?  

Best Regards,

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnHW2jsLGR4

This video solved our problem .... I`m sure

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous

Half Black screen
Message 18 of 19
ahmedawd2

i have faced this problem then it has been solved when i erased Raystereoscope as attached photoUntitled.jpg

Message 19 of 19
sholdenWHX8A

hey how can i find the 2016 3dmax?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report