Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 panorama stretching - how to fix this? Panorama Exporter for web

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
333 Views, 0 Replies

360 panorama stretching - how to fix this? Panorama Exporter for web

Hello, I'm rendering a 360 (2:1 aspect ratio) to be uploaded on a website. However I'm having issues with stretching/distortion when looking around, especially around the edges. This issue varies depending what software I use - I tried Pano2VR, roundme, kolor etc. Basically the only time when I don't get any stretching is from Panorama Exporter Viewer which is native to 3ds max. However in that case I can only view it and cannot upload it to website or add hotspots etc.

First I thought this issue is connected to camera settings but it seems it's more likely the algorithm settings from the JPG or TIF to the actual 360 since 3ds Max is showing it without any distortion while looking around. I would be really happy if someone could help me with this.

You can see the stretching in screenshots attached or go directly to link and see especially in the bed

https://roundme.com/tour/403121/view/1401993/

I tried using fish eye projection and that fixed most of the distortion but introduced not straight lines (because fish eye) so that doesn't really solve it

Does anyone know which projection is 3ds max using for the panorama exporter? 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report