Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 viewports in a row - is this possible

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
3d-labor
523 Views, 4 Replies

3 viewports in a row - is this possible

There are almost all variations of viewport layouts available which one can do with 2, 3 or 4 viewports. Beside one: there is no preset for 3 viewports in a row. It is possible to take the layout with 1 big and 3 small viewports underneath and move the borders. But it would be better if there would be a preset for 3 in a row. Does anyone have an idea? As I have 3 monitors side by side (yes I know, it is decadent) it would be fine to use all of them.

Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x@ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.
Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx@ 3,20 GHz 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof.
Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2021, VRay 5, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
3d-labor
in reply to: 3d-labor

Update: More than two years later in Max 2021  the preset for 3 viewports in a row for a 3 monitor setup isnn´t available yet. I don´t how long it is possible in AutoCAD, but I think at least since the first Windows version (stone age, I know). Would be interesting to know, how others, who also have 3 monitors work with it.

Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2021, VRay 5, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....
Message 3 of 5
CiroCardoso3v

Doesn't the floating viewport works for you?

Lead Enviroment Artist @Axis Studios

Arnold Discord Server

Ciro Cardoso

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
3d-labor

Ha, didn´t know this new feature, which was (according to the internet) introduced with Versin 2020.1. I came from 2019. And I searched of course in the help of 2021 if there is a new feature regarding the viewports. This one I didn´t find because I didn´t look for the word "float". But in the end I find that this new feature don´t give me extra space because each floating viewport has its own titlebar. These consumes as much space as my configuration with the minimized viewport on the buttom, which is stretched over the three monitors, But, nevertheless, thank you for this hint!

Message 5 of 5
3d-labor

Oh, no. I was wrong. I can drag these floating window out of the Max-WIndow. This is good. As I use Display Fusion for multi monitor setup I can use the Max main window on the left and middle monitor (because of my custumised toolbar setup) and use the right monitor a great preview screen. This is nice!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report