Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 3d max Undo is not working properly

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3970 Views, 6 Replies

2017 3d max Undo is not working properly

I am having problem with Undo function while using 3d max 2017.

It happened suddenly. When i undo scene operation, it works a few times at first. But when I try it after some time like 5-6 seconds, it stops working. Undo works very randomly.

Anybody knows how to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for bringing your question to the forums! I'm wondering, have you tried resetting your Max user preference settings back to default? Here is an article walking through how to do so, but keep in mind you will have to reload your plugins back into Max after you do so.

If this doesn't work, would you please do the following.

1. In 3ds Max, go to the Command Panel > Utilities > MAXScript button.
  2. Click on Open Listener.
  3. Highlight the following line of code and copy and paste it into the Listener window:

(globalVars.isGlobal #AutodeskLicSerStuckCleanBeta)

4. Press Enter.
  5. The sequence should return the line: false. If the sequence returns: true, then the corrupted MAXScript is present on your system and needs to be removed.

I really appreciate your time, talk to you soon!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: hagen.deloss

I tried all steps you suggested.. but it still does not work.

Message 4 of 7
irishman_team_kilber

how many times are you trying to use the undo tool? it may stop due to the amount of undo you have got it set too the default is  20 and that is how many time you can use the undo feature. 

can you also put a video of what your doing then upload it to youtube and post it here or use the screencast and post it on here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/simplecontent/content/download-autodesk-screencast...

so we can get a proper idea.

Message 5 of 7
hagen.deloss

Hello @Anonymous

I'm sorry, my previous post wasn't very clear, when you run the script I previously mentioned, it wouldn't fix the issue you are having. It's a script that would return True or False, depending on if your copy of 3DS Max has a version of the ALC/CRP corruption. One of the symptoms of the potential corruption is the undo function not working.

Did you get a chance to run the script, and if so, did it return True or False?

If it returned True, I will send you private message outlining the next steps we can take to fix this issue.

If it returned False, then I would be super interested in your save settings like @irishman_team_kilber mentioned, and if you took steps to reset your user preferences outlined in this article

You can change your undo settings in Customize>Preferences>General and up the number in the scene undo field. 

I hope this helps!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss

Message 6 of 7

@hagen.delossi don't think his/her post is very clear so i don't think it's your post Hagen, there is no enough infomation in that first post

Message 7 of 7
hagen.deloss

Hi @Anonymous

I wanted to check back and see if a post helped you with your problem. It would be super helpful if you could add a post with how you decide to proceed, and your results. That way other Community members can benefit from your process 😄

Hagen Deloss

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report