Community
3ds Max Design Visualization Workflows
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max design visualization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to 3ds Max

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
469 Views, 3 Replies

Revit to 3ds Max

Hello all, 

I am trying to import a single 3d view from Revit to 3ds Max. Note that I am exporting from Revit 2016 to 3ds Max 2017.  I have exported an FBX file of the view from revit to max but the file contains the entire revit model. is there any way to import the view alone, without the entire revit model? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rendermaster
in reply to: Anonymous

just delete those unnecessary models.
by the way, use Link Revit instead of importing them as FBX

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

3D Generalist / Animator / Renderer/ Graphics Designer

Autodesk Student Ambassador Platinum
YouTube Channel l Linked l Facebook l Blogs

Message 3 of 4
JJWGallagher
in reply to: rendermaster

What's the advantage to linking over importing?

Message 4 of 4

When you export from REVIT what you see is what you get, so be sure that you only have present the geometry you want to render.  You could enclose part of your model with the section box.

You may want to use Link in case any changes happens in your REVIT model you can just export again and all the modification will be updated in your MAX file,  Just be sure to select to keep Max materials.

The drawback is you need to apply mesh modifier or polygon modifier to do any mesh modification. if you delete something after re-linking that geometry will show up again, so use select mesh then use delete mesh modifier instead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report