Community
3ds Max Design Visualization Workflows
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max design visualization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Display driver glitchy on polygon modeling

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ralamothe
446 Views, 1 Reply

Max Display driver glitchy on polygon modeling

Hello! First time posting here with an issue I can't seem to get around. Using Max 2012 and when selecting an object to modify polygons, I get this display that totally makes it impossible to work on the model. I only have this issue when using either the Nitrous or Direct 3D drivers. OpenGL will not produce this issue, but will redraw my large scenes very slowly whether in Realistic, Hidden Line or Wireframe views. OpenGL will also force a box view of my large model when rotating my view.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Tech Specs:

Windows 11 Pro

Intel Core i9-13900KF

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 TI

64GB Memory

4TB SSD HD

I have the latest drivers for both my video card and my system, plus newest BIOS firmware and the file size of the model I'm working on is only 86MB. I have attached a screenshot of the issue, where these red triangles appear all over the model and the not the selected portion of the object, like shown in the OpenGL screenshot.

Thank you all so much!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: ralamothe

That's an odd one. Are you able to upload the file?

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report