Community
3ds Max Design Visualization Workflows
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max design visualization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create camera in orthographic view?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
29297 Views, 3 Replies

How to create camera in orthographic view?

Hi, I have got this image where the buildings are rising upwards and the camera from the top.I am trying to copy the same buildings in 3ds max.But my render is not showing the same result in perspective view.But in user/orthographic view it is looking similar to the reference frame.Now my question is how could I create a camera in orthographic view? Can any body help me, please?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dbhinnant
in reply to: Anonymous

Try creating a free or target camera and check "Orthographic Projection" in the Parameters roll-out.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dbhinnant

couldn't find orthographic projection in 3dsmax 2018....
Message 4 of 4
dbhinnant
in reply to: Anonymous

You have to use a standard camera.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-DB6E154C-7AB0-4341-9FBF-90E830E5A8D2

If you want to create a camera from an existing orthographic view follow this procedure:

1. Setup your views so that you have a perspective view and the orthographic view you want to make a camera from.  This will not work if you have one view maximized.

2. Change your orthographic view to perspective view.  Keep focus on this view.

3. Use the menu-bar to "Create  Standard Camera from View".

4. Check "Orthographic Projection" in the parameters roll-out of the camera you just created.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report