Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to place two Autodesk generated characters into the same 3ds Max scene

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
563 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to place two Autodesk generated characters into the same 3ds Max scene

Hello everyone!

Hope someone's able to help with this.  I've generated two characters using the Autodesk Character Generator, downloaded them and put them into 3ds Max individually, but we're to create an action animation for our final project and I need to place both characters into the same scene to act out the action.

Every time I try to place the second character into the 3ds Max scene that already includes the first character, Max pops up Save / Don't Save / Cancel.  It won't allow me to place them both into the scene?  

Does anyone know how I can get both characters into one 3ds Max scene simultaneously?  

Is there a tutorial on this or other training, a PDF or something?  Haven't found that yet, which is why I've come to you all for the answer on that.  Have to create the storyboard this week and was wanting to play around with the movement to see how easy or difficult it is to rig the animated action, which would help determine my storyboard movements too.  We were able to choose from dance, fight or sport scenes; I chose dance, so I definitely want to have them together.

Any and all help will be appreciated.  Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Crystal

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ads_royje
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Crystal!

If you get the Save/DontSave/Cancel warning, you are probably doing > Open, is that right ?

If so, you should use the Import > merge if that is a Max scene (.max) or  Import > Import if that is the .fbx file.

Hope that can help! 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ads_royje

You're still SO my hero Jean-Thierry!!  I feel like I'm putting the duh in dumb!!  Because duh!!  I was trying to import, why didn't I try import?!! LOL THANKS a million!! 🙂 ~ Crystal

Message 4 of 4
ads_royje
in reply to: Anonymous

My pleasure! 🙂

When you say, "autodesk generated characters" you're using the CharacterGenerator site,

https://charactergenerator.autodesk.com/

?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report