Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Timeline zoom in, zoom out

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
11621 Views, 10 Replies

Timeline zoom in, zoom out

I have hundreds of animation keys in the timeline and need to zoom out to see all animation keys and then zoom in to the certain area to edit keys. How to zoom in and out the timeline?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Down at the bottom right there is time config, if you click on that you will be able to set the frames that are shown on the timeline!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

It's an extremely slow option. Open the configuration window, manually set the frames all the time. If you need to adjust many areas many times it's not an option.

Message 4 of 11
photodave

I run in to the same problems the OP is describing and have been using a script called KeyZoom for a few years and cant do without it now. Check it out at

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/keyzoom

-dave

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: photodave

Looks like there is no file in the provided link

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

It's an extremely slow option. Open the configuration window, manually set the frames all the time. If you need to adjust many areas many times it's not an option.

Hold down STRG+ALT then:

1) Left-Click to change the start frame

2) Right-Click to change the end frame

3) Middle button to slide the entire timeline

Message 7 of 11
photodave

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like there is no file in the provided link

Under where it says download URL you should be able to right click the link and save as, then just save it to your PC. I cant check right now but will double check the link when I get home tonight but I did just re download it a couple weeks ago myself.

Cheers,

-dave

Message 8 of 11
photodave

My apologies, it seems Nik has taken the site down.

If I post the script on here does anyone think that would be any kind of violation? It was freely available on script spot but don't want to step on anyone's toes so to speak.  Normally I wouldn't bother, but it is a very useful script.

-dave

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks, but I prefer not to use third-party scripts in official software installation. I mean scripts written by single persons. Since I may not know what every line of code does. I only install or use scripts written by known organizations or teams. But I didn't see your script so it can be very simple and easy to understand and therefore safe and useful.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Exactly what I was looking for to work with the timeline

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Holly schit! Thanks!!! 17 years and i never knew. Lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report