Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeline and Trackbar missing in 3ds Max 2019

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
17059 Views, 6 Replies

Timeline and Trackbar missing in 3ds Max 2019

My Timeline and Trackbar are missing in 3ds Max 2019. Having previously clicked off the curve editor, the trackbar has not returned. I have tried the "Customise" tab options of reverting back to Startup Layout and trying to enable the tick-box for "Show Track Bar" but it doesn't work.

Anyone know how to bring it back?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
brentscannell
in reply to: Anonymous

HI @Anonymous

Could you try right clicking on the top of the scene explorer (or anywhere else you see this line/pattern) and enabling the time slider this way?

timeslider.JPG

If that does not work, or if it has been docked/stored in a mystery place, you could try resetting your preferences to do a full restore of the default UI configuration: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Resetting-3ds-Max-3ds-Max-Design.html

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: brentscannell

Yeah that worked thank you so much. Was unaware of being able to right click the top of the scene explorer to gain access this way.

Message 4 of 7
^lele^

That saved my bacon, thank you!

However, with maxscript i can't display it now: 

trackbar.visible = true

won't work.

Any idea?

Message 5 of 7
berislav_curic
in reply to: ^lele^

trackbar.visible = true    worked for me, thank you.

Message 6 of 7
zorend
in reply to: brentscannell

Hi I know this is an old post and I'm in 2020 now. I just need to get this off my chest. 

Am I the only one wondering what the logic is behind this "solution"???? I mean it solves the problem but the fact that it IS a problem stuns me.  

I have been a faithful user of 3dsmax for roughly 25 years. That's a LOT of time Autodesk has had to improve the 3dsmax user experience. Yet here I am googling how to get the ****ing time slider back. And it's somewhere in the right click menu of the scene explorer!!!......... What the effing crap Autodesk?  Decide on a UX design and follow through already. 

Message 7 of 7
rbering40

jesus... NEVER would have looked for it there.  dumb.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report