Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I mirror the pose of my rig onto the other side?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3186 Views, 2 Replies

How do I mirror the pose of my rig onto the other side?

Hello, 

I'm making a running animation and have my legs set in the first position. I want to copy the position of the legs/feet and mirror them onto the opposite side. How would I go about achieving this effect aside from eyeballing it?

I've looked at a couple different answers but so far it seems like this is only achievable with CAT rigs. I played around with the dope sheet for a while but couldn't figure anything out there either.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

By rig do your mean you're using a BIPED?  It's rather easy if your highlight the highest (in hierarcy) bone, select all childred, and then copy past pose to opposite side, selecting the BIPED Motion control area, Copy/Paste panel:

cap0.png

or you can copy the whole POSE, and paste opposite.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

But what if is not (a Biped skeleton), like a normal skeleton won't be recognized as Biped in 3ds Max - In Blender (The Free Software) has a shortcut/Hotkey (Ctrl+C & Ctrl+Sift+V) which copies the selected left side pose to the right side, amazingly!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report