Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT Rig pose loaded successfully, but characters' location is incorrect?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
536 Views, 1 Reply

CAT Rig pose loaded successfully, but characters' location is incorrect?

I started with a 'Base Human' CAT Rig, positioned it into a Tpose to match my mesh and then added a skin modifier.

I moved the character down into a seated position and saved the pose.

I brought in a new character (with the exact same bone structure) and loaded on the pose.

The character snapped perfectly into a seated pose, but was floating over a metre off the ground.
I quickly realised that the seated characters' hips are at the exact same height as the original Tpose position. 

How do I get the seated pose to save the hips position of the character in its new location? 

Would really appreciate some help.

TIA

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ads_bunescc
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi info,

If you need to do some adjustments to the second character, try using Adjustments layers to offset in your case.
If you have an animation, by adding, for example, a World Adjustment Layer, it doesn't overwrite or cancel the underlying animation. In World Animation Layer, you can offset to the needed position.

I would recommend seeing this video about "Using CAT in 3ds Max - Part 4 - Adjustment Layers", on the Autodesk 3ds Max Learning Channel from youtube.

Hope this helps,
Catalin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report